Suddenly hungry and thirsty all the time?!

Is there any general causes for sudden thirst/hunger? I am not doing anything different and my activity level has remained the same? This has been the last 3 days or so.... I have never been a "grazer" but now I feel like I need to pick all day! I'm staying within my calorie goal, but it is really annoying!

Replies

• SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    I have been the same way since Friday. I just can't get full. I have been eating my normal calories plus eating half, if not all, of my calories back. I feel so bad for eating so much. :(
    I hope some else has an answer.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Oh my! It must be a full moon or something in the water!! I too have felt this way the past 5 days!! Ive tried everything, upped my protein, drank more water..etc...

In for some answers!
  • bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Are you going through a weather change?

When it gets hotter, I crave tons of water. When the temperature drops from HOT to hot or pretty warm, I tend to eat more too.

Or if your stress levels have changed at all, or if your sleep patterns have changed you might want to eat more.

Or, sometimes you just have hollow days, where you feel like you need to eat ALL the food. Eat more protein, try to get more sleep, take a quick walk or play with the dog or call your best friend or whatever to take your mind off eating, and if you really truly feel hungry, just eat.
  • freekat
    freekat Posts: 71 Member
    I can think of a few reasons. Hormonal fluctuations, pregnancy :flowerforyou: or some sicknesses. Diabetes in particular can cause excess thirst. If it is abnormal you probably need to see a doctor it it doesn't settle down. Probs just hormones!
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Good call on the weather! We are having an unsualy warm summer where I live! It would make sense that the extra heat stress might make our bodies work harder = more calories expended = hungrier me!
  • probably means you aint eating enough, or this is gunna sound terrible but you may need to eat some kind of stop sign foods, such as grapefruit, or using really hot spices when eating, for some reason after eating these foods you don't want to eat anymore
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Sometimes there's a time lag between making a change and when the change has happened long enough to see the results. I let sodium run high because I've got a history of getting headaches from not managing it when I was spending a similar amount of time outdoors to what I do now. Also, are you logging your exercise?
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    i had the same thing the first two days of my hols, followed by 2-3 days of lower appetite. I put it down to being on holiday and my body kinda catching up with itself.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    drink water w/ice and fresh lime squeezed in..
    too much sodium can cause thirst
    body chemistry