Saggy skin!! Does it really go away????????????

Options
So I'm down 99 pounds and I 'm really saggy on my thighs and tummy, and arms, will it go away completely?? OR not really?? Other big losers on here give me your thoughts and pics if possible!!!!!!!!!!! I've lost some but it's been six months and it just doesn't seem fast enough!

Replies

• DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I want to see these answers too! It is my biggest concern about losing the weight I need to lose.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    lift some irons and do a lot of cardio
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise are you doing? I think weight-lifting produces the best-looking tone to muscles and skin. In addition, massage therapy does a LOT to tone the look of your skin!!
  • Valencia123456
    Valencia123456 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do aerobic 45 minutes of aerobic every day and 15 minutes of strength Training every day! extra cardio on the weekends! I'm not as bad as others I've seen. A friend of mine said her Dr. told her two years to get back ( she lost 150) , I'm just wishing it was shorter.. :(
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Good job! I've seen some amazing transformations here on MFP, I think you will ultimately be really pleased with your body.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    You can try lifting to build muscle and fill in some of the skin...however ultimately plastic surgery may be your only option. Give your skin a year or so to bounce back...
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've heard that it takes at least a year to figure out what your skin is going to do, and the younger you are the better the chances --- but then again I've seen really young people with crazy, stretched out skin and older people with not bad skin. I've seen some people that all the skin is fine, except the belly!

So, just do strength training and toning and remember to moisturize! I'm for the massage, too, only because they feel so good! If they help skin go back, even better.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Bumping to follow.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Exercise can help to a degree. I don't know about anybody else, but the majority of my weight was in my stomach. After I lost about 100-115 pounds, my belly was just in the way because it was sagging half way down my thighs.

I ended up having a "panniculectomy" to remove the belly back in March. They removed 26 pounds of mostly fat. Of course, I went and gained it back, but am now back on track.

I guess it just depends on where it is, and how much there is of it.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Mine is going away. V. E. R. Y. S. L. O. W. L. Y.

So slowly, that I can't *really* tell. Except that my belly overhang can no longer hold up a pencil. Ever. For a while, it was sometimes yes, sometimes no, and depended on how I was standing from one minute to the next. I've noticed the inability to hold up a pencil for a couple weeks. And finally, this week, in the mirror, I think I might be able to see a difference. I can't tell on my jiggly thighs. They still jiggle too much, even if they are getting smaller.

My weight hasn't changed much in a couple months (only fluctuate within about 3 pounds) - although it looks as if I might finally lose a couple more pounds soon. My workout routine hasn't changed since January. (I do workout a lot, intensely.) The only real change has been time.

You and I are similar in weight loss and age. So I am going to have to agree with the "give it time". Even though it is hard being patient.
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Following this intently. I haven't lost enough yet to have a really bad case, but already on my stomach and inner thighs and a little bit to the side of my knees, I have saggy skin. I'm hoping that it goes back somewhat. although on my stomach I don't expect great improvement since it has stretch marks too from 3 kids.

OP, you look fantastic!!!! Beautiful!