Late 40's and 40 pounds to lose

Options
I am in my 40s and I have 40 pounds to lose, I am looking for some friends to help me thru this, pick me up when I fall down, keep me on track. Will you join me in this challenge?

Replies

• emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    HI, you can add me, I am losing very slowly this time, I want this to be the last time, so losing about 1lb a week, 44 years old, and I noticed you have a 14 year old girl, I have a 13 year old:)
  • swedishwillow
    swedishwillow Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    you can add me too! Im just "about" 40 =D
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Late 40's and 40 pounds to lose... Been there, done that, add me if you like, I'd do my best to encourage and help.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    in my early 40s, and probably have 25 more to go. Not perfect, I love food but I am trying to make this a lifestyle change 80/20, so I never have to do this again! Add me if you'd like.
  • scootinalong
    Options
    Hi, I'm in my 40's (later part) and have about 60 to lose. You can add me if you want.
    Trying to do this slowly and correctly. Want to make sure it's a lifestyle change I can continue with.
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Mid 40's almost 50 lbs down, friend request sent.
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am in my early 40's with 20lbs left to lose...I know how important it is to have positive encourage. I will add you :bigsmile:
    Anyone looking for support or want to provide me with some support feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • liztiger
    Options
    Hi! New to MFP, but not to losing and gaining. I have 40 to lose as well and I'm 45. Sign me up!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm in my late 40's and have about 13 lbs. to get to goal weight. Feel free to add me if you like! =)
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and since September 2012 have lost 26kg, which is about 57lb. It's not impossible, even though I think the progress is slower as we get older.

You can do it. All it takes is a plan, dedication, good attitude and follow through. Track your food EVERY day on MFP and be sensible about it. The weight didn't go on overnight and it will take time to get off again. Sometimes this can be frustrating, but keep your eyes on the prize and it will happen!!

Best wishes :)
  • ahletko
    ahletko Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am mid 40's and have 60 to lose. Please add me. I need some support as this is getting harder and harder.
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    48 with about 15 pounds left to go...don't know what my real weight target is, hope I'll recognise it when I get there. Working on fitness goals as a priority, hopefully the weight will follow.
    Open to FR with messages.