Any cyclists out there???

Options
We're a unique bunch and I'am looking for friends!

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    There are a bunch of us! There's a thread called MFP cyclists (or something to that effect), but I think the thread is locked now.
  • theemstress
    theemstress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Maybe we oughta start another cycling forum then! :)

I just went mountain biking last night. Such great fun!
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    I'm a cyclist but also run. I'm always looking for ways to improve my cycling performance and motivation!
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!

As I sing the Queen classic "bicycle, bicycle, bicycle... I want to ride my bicycle...." ya, you know it.

I have a stable full of bikes and legs full of scars, and just LOVE it. Let's get a thread rolling!!!

About me.... I am 38 and have been cycling for 15 years and it is my sanity check. I am planning a good long ride tonight, the weather is fantastic!!! Bringing the lights, I won't let the sun tell me when to stop.

Ray
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Mountain biker here! Part of the reason I am losing weight is to improve my capabilities on the bike.
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Ended up with a fairly fast 43 tonight, wanted 60 but caught a group ride and just decided to ride with them. Weather was perfect too, great day for a ride.

I do about 1/2 road rides and 1/2 cyclocross on gravel roads. Gravel adventure racing is a new cult in cycling now, it's a great way to see the countryside.

Let's keep the thread rollling, so post anything you care to say......
  • srobert510
    Options
    I have only been riding for a little over a month, but I think I caught the bug. This morning's ride I did 18.5 miles at an average pace of 13.4 mph (my fastest pace ever). The calorie tracker on this site calculated my calorie burn at 1100+ calories. This seems high to me. Does anyone else have any feelings about the accuracy of the calorie tracker on this site?
  • Bryan190
    Options
    I have only been riding for a little over a month, but I think I caught the bug. This morning's ride I did 18.5 miles at an average pace of 13.4 mph (my fastest pace ever). The calorie tracker on this site calculated my calorie burn at 1100+ calories. This seems high to me. Does anyone else have any feelings about the accuracy of the calorie tracker on this site?
    I agree on the high calorie calculation for this site, so I typically use the database's "light" cycling level of 10-12 mph for calories although I average above 13 with my Giant Sedona hybrid.
  • tcreech76
    Options
    I have been riding consistently for about 5 weeks... my husband and I ride together and we love it! It's a great way to get time together and burn calories.