Snacks while on a diet that 'fill you up'?

Options
2»

Replies

• JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    psyllium husk + fruit juice + gelatin to make fiber gummies

this is a really interesting idea [esp. for kids to do], but do you need a candy mold to shape the gummies? in other words, how is gummy formed [lol]?
  • starryvagabond
    starryvagabond Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I find nuts, veggies, and yogurt fill you up very nicely :)
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    my favorite snacks are carrots and hummas or mini rice cakes... 100 cal popcorn if I need something that feels like a snack. good luck!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    fruit
    lemon water
    frozen yogurt
    oatmeal
    south beach diet 100 cal snack bars
    popcorn
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds with a lot of water or whatever you drink will swell in the stomach & make you feel full.
  • Alice_rio
    Alice_rio Posts: 17
    Options
    Healthy snacks are usually about fruit. Bananas and apples can fill you up so that you will not always get hungry. Almonds, oatmeal and a peanut butter sandwich is a great alternative.
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    PRAWWWWNS!

Can eat tones for so little calories, have them with a cocktail sauce (tomatoe ketchup with low fat mayo/greek yogurt)
    Or mushrooms with hummus is really good
    I see alot of people mentioning peanut butter but if you are looing at low cal surely this isnt something to be eating for a snack (90 cals per tbs)
  • magicalpony
    magicalpony Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I just wanted to thank you all for such wonderful responses. I've been tracking religiously for 2 weeks now, and I'm super happy with results so far. It took about a week, but my cravings for snacking, etc are pretty much gone. I have found that I eat about every 2 hours, alternating with a meal and a healthy snack, and it seems to be working quite well.
    My favorite snacks now are: high protein bars, hard boiled eggs, fruit w/ or w/out peanut butter, small amount of oatmeal and fruit, cup of broccoli with light cheese, a Chobani yogurt, etc.
    All under 200 cals and been working so far!
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my 'homemade' guacamole (half an avocado and 1 or 2 tablespoons of salsa) and a handful of carrots. Mmm.
  • janeller83
    Options
    COCONUT OIL. 1TBSP is 120 calories, it's full of healthy fats that will keep you full for HOURS.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Fruits, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, apples cut into small pieces, bit of almonds