Lifting NSV

Options
Ok, so these numbers aren't really that high, I know, but they're super high for me. Tonight I did assisted pull-ups and I'm pulling up 100 lbs and deadlifts at 95 lb. I still can't squat much more than 65 lbs. b/c I just feel so unstable, pretty sure that's a form problem that I need to correct. I can also do 5 regular push ups... not on my knees, but for real push ups. I just felt like jumping up and yelling, "Who's yo Daddy!" LOL. A month ago I couldn't do any of this. So, so, so happy!

Oh, and those are 5 sets of 5 reps... I could go higher for just 1 (I have no idea what that's called).

Replies

• LillyWillow
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Keep up the good work, and continue doing amazing workouts.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Well done:-)
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I know I need to start strength training. I am looking forward to being able to post something like this!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    That's some awesome progress, especially for just one month! Congrats on a job well done!!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    That would be called a 1 rep max! And those are all awesome NSVs. Every time you add weight, you will feel so strong and accomplished because it's a visible and measurable progression. You can SEE yourself getting stronger. It's really empowering! Good for you, and keep at it!
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    way to go!!! :) One of my fave things about strength training is that it's not comparable! Heavy is a relative term, so all that matters is that we do better than we did before. You're doing great!!
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Im jealous... cant wait to get to those free weights !!!!
    You go girl
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    congrats and keep it up!!!! yay for ladies heavy lifting!
  • peggymdellinger
    peggymdellinger Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you ladies!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!