good fitness DVDs? (UK)

Options
CollieFit
CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
Hi,

We just moved house and will be splitting our time between the old and the new house for the forseeable future due to works/decorating etc. I don't want to join a gym at the new house until I'm there full time to be able to take full advantage of it, rather than pay £40 a month and only be there half of the week.

But I would have time (and now have the space - Yay!!) to do stuff at home, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good home workout DVDs.

Anything apart from Zumba! o_O

Replies

• katieblaydon
    Options
    The 30 day shred is amazing and only 20 mins per day : )
  • paulbear75
    paulbear75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would have to say anything by Leslie Sansone, She has the best and easiest workouts. If you are interested here is a link to the 2 mile walk youtube vid. Enjoy and goodluck http://youtu.be/oBgB_cqDiXs
  • chezz
    chezz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hi paulbear
    i have to agree with you 100% leslie sansone dvds are brill i do her two mile workout monday to friday and love it
    xx
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    I love Davina's DVDs Ultimate Target and Davina Intense. Davina Intense really kicks my butt!
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    ive been doing 30ds for a 8 days so far, today is day 9 and my husband see's a noticable difference and i have lost a couple of inches. he picked it up in tescos for a 5er. all you need is a floor matt (or if your me a blanket) and some hand weights but if you havent got any, tins of beans or soup will do.

i have set up a group for anyone doing any of the JILLIAN MICHAELS workouts http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50104-jillian-michaels-workout-group feel free to join us here if you like the idea. hope to see you :flowerforyou:
  • estielouise
    estielouise Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Micheals but my ankle is not well enough to do her again yet (I went over on it in April), she does burpees and stuff so you have to have strong ankles. In the meantime I am enjoying "Jessica Smith TV" ON u Tube, she does a mixture of workouts, from combat to HIIT, to yoga, you can follow a different one each day, and they are all free!
  • katieblaydon
    Options
    Thanks for the link.... JOINED x
  • CollieFit
    Options
    Cheers all. I had heard of 30DS and that was on my short list. :drinker:

What's this P90X like that I hear so many harp on about? Anyone tried?
  • CollieFit
    Options
    I like Jillian Micheals but my ankle is not well enough to do her again yet (I went over on it in April), ...

I managed to sprain mine quite badly 3 weeks ago so I'll bear that in mind.
  • estielouise
    estielouise Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sorry forgot to attach the link. See attached Link! http://www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv

I just had a look at the walking leslie sansone vids, whilst I appreciate some people love them, I think they are a little too sedate for me!
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I use the fitness blender website. Its got hundreds of workouts and I love the low impact cardio fro beginners workout. Its not easy though and gets you sweating! and its all free!