is this machine good? vibrapower max excersise powerplate ty

Options
I have brought one of these recently and i was thinking does anyone have one and if so what do they think of them and how good are they for achieving weight loss and muscle building any tips and good excersising with thigh toning would be good :)

Replies

• Manda_x
    Manda_x Posts: 4
    Options
    I have brought one of these recently and i was thinking does anyone have one and if so what do they think of them and how good are they for achieving weight loss and muscle building any tips and good excersising with thigh toning would be good :)

CAN PEOPLE GET BACK 2 ME WITH ANY NEW EXCERSISES 4 THIS MACHINE THAT ARE GOOD AND EFFECTIVE IN WEIGHT LOSS? :)
  • Darkraven
    Darkraven Posts: 43
    Options
    Sorry I've never even heard of that machine before =( I googled it to try and help you out and didn't find a whole lot on it =/
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Manda,
    I just Googled it for you and here's what I found in a blog post:
    "There is one thing I am spending money on, however. After lots of research, I've bought a power plate exerciser from the shopping channel. The hope is I can tone up the dinner lady arms and get the rest of this old bod in shape, because losing the weight's one thing, tightening the flab to fit neatly back on the bones is another!

Surprisingly, Himself didn't remind me that the cross-trainer, air-walker and sit-up ball I owned all ended up on eBay or that there's still a training-bench in the cupboard under the stairs and several dumb bells clattering about under the spare bed.

Anyway, my Vibrapower Max Trainer with *6 free bottles of Bio Energy Fitness Water arrived this morning. I was at home but didn't hear the courier knock. Luckily I saw him pulling away in his van and eager not to miss my delivery slot, ran to flag him down. He'd left it somewhere safe, he shouted. In the wheelie bin! Luckily the blue one (paper only) and not the green bin (household waste) or I would've been scraping last night's curry off it.

So, after lots of puffing to get the thing inside, more puffing and cussing putting it together, I got my first go at power plate exercise. Seriously, I can't begin to describe what it's like to stand/squat/perch/lean and lunge on a rubber mat that's being vibrated/oscillated at over 35-50 times per second. Thank heavens each routine is only for 3 sets of 3 mins per session, every other day. And hey, it doesn't involve breathlessness or sweating...amazing!

It promises a host of benefits, ranging from an immediate improvement in blood circulation, to a variety of other measurable outcomes such as increased muscle strength and flexibility, improved range of motion, decreased cellulite (woop, woop), increased bone mineral density and reduced arthritic pain. I think they omitted to mention it can loosen teeth, too!

I'm not expecting miracles and nor am I fooled into thinking *Bio Energy Fitness Drink is anything but sweetened water, but I'm giving it a go. Who knows, It might rattle my brain cells enough to let a few story ideas fall out. "

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-100-posts/84443-anyone-tried-powerplate-machines.html

It sounds as if it's more of a UK thing right now, so it's not familiar to me except what Google shows.
  • mrsraeroberts
    mrsraeroberts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    i was wondering if your still around on here? and could tell me how you got on with this please?
    Im getting one off my hubbys workmate tonight x
  • typhoo12
    typhoo12 Posts: 1
    Options
    How did you get on with this? I got one and after 2 weeks I can definitely notice a difference in my clothes :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    While studies show that IF one implements a strength training program while on it, strength can increase slightly more than without it, it does NOTHING for weight loss if one isn't in calorie deficit. And really weight loss (with or without exercise) is about calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    (...) it does NOTHING for weight loss if one isn't in calorie deficit. (...)

@ninerbuff but does it help if one IS in calorie deficit?

@everyone with past/current experience with powerplates, vibroplates etc, all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Online info is contradictory but there seem to be lots of people with very positive results.
    I know myself, I will not be starting serious exercise or joining a gym any time soon. No time and, tbh, no wish. But I could do this at home.

Btw, any ideas for *simple* exercises one could do alone, at home, also appreciated.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I've used these before, ketogirl, and I'd say it's just one of these fad things meant to give quick results with little work. There will be genuine benefits to using it, I think, but they've been greatly exaggerated in the pursuit of people's money.

Are you in the UK? If so, you can try them out in Tanz (and some gyms have them). Don't know if they're popular in the US.

The couple of times I tried it, I did a few squats, dips and push-ups etc. on there, while receiving strange looks from the people just standing on it expecting their fat to be shaken from them :/ didn't really see any benefits so I didn't go back.

eta: as to the positive results people have had versus no results - calorie deficit probably has a lot to do with the positive outcomes.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    (...) it does NOTHING for weight loss if one isn't in calorie deficit. (...)

@ninerbuff but does it help if one IS in calorie deficit?

@everyone with past/current experience with powerplates, vibroplates etc, all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Online info is contradictory but there seem to be lots of people with very positive results.
    I know myself, I will not be starting serious exercise or joining a gym any time soon. No time and, tbh, no wish. But I could do this at home.

Btw, any ideas for *simple* exercises one could do alone, at home, also appreciated.
    Just standing on it won't do much. Remember the waist belts back in the 40's-50's that would "shake" people claiming it would trim them down? Same concept.
    Now if you stand on it and do squats, then activation of muscle is increased according to clinical study.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    @3laine75, @ninerbuff, thank you both for the feedback, I think I'll try it.
    Anything is better than nothing, right?
  • LANTW68
    Options
    Hi There

My wife and i got the vibrpower pro, which is the one up from vibra max, from idealworld. All i can tell is wow. The instructor below said below you can't just stand on the plate and get fit as you won't, he is correct, and doesn't know what he is talking, There is a dvd that comes with the vibrapower pro/max, and if you follow that, my word you get fit and strong. I am fairly fit and have only tried the advanced workout once and almost threw up.
    The vibrapower pro osciallte in 2 directions where the max is only one, but will still work well. Definitely get the dvd and follow the exercises, brilliant, also start slowly as you will feel stick for the first few weeks.
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    @3laine75, @ninerbuff, thank you both for the feedback, I think I'll try it.
    Anything is better than nothing, right?

Using the same amount of time to run/lift weights/exercise would probably yield better results.