New here,,, failed before

Options
I am new here and started last week, started 99.8kg and need to lose 20 kg in the next 6 months ,,,preferably 60 lbs.

I have shed atleast 2.5 so far and i want to lose atleast 2 kg a week hopefully to be done 5kg by 1st sep. I am really trying to eat healthly but and am really encouraged this time around although i have started cheating with Adipex to starve off the hunger.

Any ideas to make sure i attain my goals!

HANG IN THERE ALL!

Replies

• SimonRStacey
    SimonRStacey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm replacing 1 - 2 meals a day with weight loss shakes, and find them pretty filling. They also keep the calories down. I'm sitting at around about the same weight as you, and need a change. Good luck... Add me if you want :)
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    Protein fills me up and satisfies. Carbs trigger cravings. Protein shakes are a great way to kick cravings and get me back on track. Lots of water helps too. When lo-carb hi-protein, even if I'm hungry, I don't feel driven to eat. I can CHOOSE to eat another meal or not. Usually I drink my P-shakes at the end of the day if I need to meet my goals. I lost 40pounds on 1200 calorie a day, 60-80 gms protein and under 50 gms carb. Good luck!
    Paula
  • sturbich
    sturbich Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks Paula, were you exercising on the 1200 calorie a day ?
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in April. I too have failed before, but this time I won't!
  • mkd1955
    mkd1955 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am new/old. Been trying to follow for about a year. Lost 13, gained some back. Started again yesterday. It's nice to have support. I have Medifast food, but getting really tired of it. Don't want to buy anymore until I finish what I have, but not sure I will buy more. I try to work out in the morning, wouldn't get it done after work. Wish you all the best of luck, add me if you want.
  • tristikay
    tristikay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP but not to dieting...I am the heaviest I have ever been at a wopping 369lbs!! I have lost and regained my entire life. I have a few goals...my brothers wedding, my own wedding and god willing, children all within the next 2 years! It is nice to have support from others who can truly relate to your situation...add me if you like!
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Succes with your goals, tho personally I would lower them a bit. 2 kg a week is quite an amount and it can only work frustrating when you can keep on achieving that. Is there any reason you have to loose it in 6 months or is it more like you would like to loose it in this time frame?
  • jumcclure
    jumcclure Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have lost around 25 lbs so far - been on and off MFP for a while. Protein (either shakes or real) is very important to be able to keep the calories down. Anyone is free to add me as a friend if they want support.
  • GraemeScott
    Options
    Hey there; welcome. Best of luck. You sound hungry for success, I'm sure you'll achieve what you're setting out to do. I'm just starting back after a long and costly break. I put on all the weight I lost first time around because I stopped caring about myself. Swimming really helps with my weight loss. It's an all over body work out and keeps my weight loss steady. Keep up the good work.
    Graeme
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

This is a great method to lose weight in a HEALTHY way. 2 kg per week (almost 4.5 lbs) sounds extreme to me. Doctors recommend 1-2 lbs weekly as a healthy, sustainable weight loss. You might be able to drop your desired 60 lbs in 6 months, but you could be setting yourself up for another failure. I urge you to pare back your goal to 1 kg weekly, follow the MFP calorie recommendations, and add exercise to boost your metabolism. When it comes to weight loss, slow and steady seems to be the key.

Best of luck. This time you will be successful!
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If I really want to eat something and dont have the calories I try to get out and do a long brisk walk to gain some extra calories, that way I never have to deprive myself of anything I want. I would love to lose all my weight in a short time but being realistic it didnt go on overnight so wont come off overnight either and being to drastic will just lead to failure. You've got some great suggestions here, just try not to be too extreme in what you want to lose, increase your exercise and log everything.
    Good luck!
    Barb
  • sturbich
    sturbich Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

This is a great method to lose weight in a HEALTHY way. 2 kg per week (almost 4.5 lbs) sounds extreme to me. Doctors recommend 1-2 lbs weekly as a healthy, sustainable weight loss. You might be able to drop your desired 60 lbs in 6 months, but you could be setting yourself up for another failure. I urge you to pare back your goal to 1 kg weekly, follow the MFP calorie recommendations, and add exercise to boost your metabolism. When it comes to weight loss, slow and steady seems to be the key.

Best of luck. This time you will be successful!