great surprise this week too

Options
lloydrt
lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
for the last 4 and a half weeks, Ive weighed myself, and NADA.......nothing, maybe 1/4 of one pound

Ok, check this out. I now have on a pair of Docker slacks, 38 inches in the waist....Ok, last month, I put them on they were snug in the waist, not too bad, bearable, but they fit

Ok, the month before, I couldnt put em on......impossible, Like putting a balloon over a watermelon.......

So ,, today, half way thru Sept, I have em on, and now they are loose in the waist, as well, as ......Check this out

You can drive a truck thru the seat of em.........I lost tons of size, weight, fat, flab, you call it what you want, but I have lots of room in the seat of a pair of pants that I couldnt fit into last month which I have had literally zero weight loss in the last month

SOOOOOO, people who use scales to rule their lives.........

I didnt lose weight for the last month or so, but that really tight pair of Dockers has tons and tons of room for my butt, that was so big, it was at a point, it was going to require 2 Zip Codes, lol........

Now, I can just slide into a pair of 36 inch waiseted Dockers Men Cutt slacks.........

Fortunately, I have in my closet, Dockers from 34 waist, 36 waist, 40 waist, 44 waist, 46 waist, 48 waist.........and sadly, since Dockers stops at 48, I had to go to a BIG AND TALL clothing men store, and pay a ridiculous amount for my 50 inch waist slacks.......that had to be the worst fu&^%ng day of my life.........Big and Tall.............talk about feeling like sh*^%t..........

And now Im sliding on 36 inch waisted pants. SO, DONT USE THE SCALE TO CONTROL OR DICTATE YOUR JOURNEY IN LOSING WEIGHT

You are losing inches, youre losing numbers.......sometimes one outrules the other, but YOU ARE LOSING..........Your Friend, Lloyd

Replies

• StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder! and way to go!! Congrats!!
    thanks so much for sharing!!! =)
  • Bonnie555
    Options
    Hi Lloyd

As a newbie I was going to go with the scale, but you are right - I will start off with all the measurements too. Oh and, congratulations to you:)
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That's fantastic!!!!
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Wow, isn't that strange how your body can change SO MUCH without any change in the scale? Amazing.

CONGRATULATIONS, this is just awesome, and you should get rid of all those bigger sizes! I look forward to doing the same as I work my way down through all the smaller-size clothing I've kept from over the years. Hopefully they won't be way out of style... ha ha.

Becky
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Lloyd that's such a great story and so amazing. I'm really happy for you. Probably not as happy as you are for you, but I"m happy for you.

And it reminds me of something someone once told me "Don't let a scale become a part of your relationship with yourself. It's a tool, it can tell you a number, but only you can love or hate yourself." This has always stuck with me and I feel so lucky that I heard it.

Thank you for sharing your story.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the reminder. I also tried on some clothes today and marvelled at the difference in size that the scale isn't showing.

It's a great psychological boost to fit into those pants, I bet! - congrats! :bigsmile:
  • kaymac
    Options
    Hey thanks a lot for the story. I really needed to hear this today. My scale only reported a 0.6 loss and I was very depressed about this this morning so yeah I really need to hear inspiring stories like this! Congrats on your changes. I bet the feeling is nothing short of fantastic!
  • Kresent
    Kresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Isn't that a great feeling? I love it when my belt goes down a notch even though I only showed a slight weight loss. Luckily I never had to go to a big and tall shop but was pushing the aesthetics of conventional apparel. I passed on buying a new suit for a meeting because they would have had to take in the belly by 10 or so inches and I swear the shoulders would only fit a certain bell ringer at Notre Dame.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!