Water, Water, Ick

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I drink cascade ice. I say screw 'pure water' and do what tastes good to you. don't let the artificial sweetener fear mongering get you down.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you need to drink lotsa water. No way around it. Fruit juices, any sodas won't get the job done. I add freshly squeezed lemon.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Water consumption does not affect weight loss directly but if you worry about having water remember that it is in everything!
    Foods with higher water content are fruits and veggies, especially veggies like lettuce, cucumbers, and celery, and all your drinks contain water: coffee, tea, pop, you name it! I think what you are doing is perfect. If your goal is to lose weight, don't worry about it. Keep it simple.
  • Lovely975
    Lovely975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a glass pitcher with a fruit strainer in it that allows me to add fresh fruits to the water. I add whatever fruit I feel like having for the next day, pour in the water, let it sit overnight and the following day I have 56 oz. worth of flavored water (no sugar whatsoever) to drink throughout the day. So far, I've tried it with pineapples, strawberries and raspberries. I've found myself actually drinking an entire pitcher by the time I go to bed. My skin is clearer and my nails are growing faster than ever before. I think fruit and veggie infused water is a good alternative if you want to try something different every now and then. :drinker:
  • fiveoaks66
    fiveoaks66 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to consume embarrassing amounts of diet Dr Pepper. I knew I needed to drink more plain water, and two things helped me switch: I purchased a water cooler (I get the 5 gal jugs of water at the grocery) and I drink my water out of one of those sport bottles with a straw.
    Now I drink a soda once or twice a week. It feels really good.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what crystal light is but I say just drink water with a squirt of lemon, cucumber, mint or something. I know here in Australia you can buy water that is infused with a flavour for people who can't drink just water.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    how is this even possible??? water tastes like nothing and is in stuff you eat so......:huh:
  • Danny0950
    Danny0950 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Drink bottled water.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you need to drink lotsa water. No way around it. Fruit juices, any sodas won't get the job done. I add freshly squeezed lemon.

OMG I have been doing it wrong, I guess i will never lose any weight? and I know Lemon cleans out the fat right? I feel like i have seen this thread before.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Just try putting the tip of the bottle in your mouth not the whole thing lol:wink:
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Everything counts except hard liquor towards hydration. The goal is to have light yellow pee. If you get there by eating watermelon or drinking crystal light or pure water, it doesn't matter. Your body has an amazing ability to separate your food and drinks in to what it needs in your digestive system.

barney-yes.gif

THIS - so fed up with people telling me I dont drink enough water - I drink plenty of liquid thank you :)
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well - thanks for all of the advice. For those being SNARKY about water and the "taste" - TRUST - my water has a definite taste AND smell. Most of the time it is nasty - and then the city decides to chlorinate the supply and it smells like pool water. Ugh. I already filter water for those reasons...but I still don't like the taste.

Based on the hydration information (very pale yellow urine) I think I am doing ok. Yes, my goal is to move off crystal light - NO I wouldn't give it to a baby (thanks for THAT comment...oh soooo helpful). But I wouldn't give a baby jalepeno pepper EITHER...and I am pretty sure that is ok for an adult body.

SIGH - thanks to MOST of you for your support. Nice to know that the haters can't even leave a gal alone on her first day and first question.
  • weali
    weali Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can also try adding different fruit/herb combinations to your water and let it sit over night--no artifical sweetner that way :wink:

my favorite combination right now is peach and mint but i've also done peach,watermelon, mint...grapefruit, lemon, orange, peach...blackberry, pomegranate...i've also had a friend who made cucumber, lemon, lime
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    SIGH - thanks to MOST of you for your support. Nice to know that the haters can't even leave a gal alone on her first day and first question.

Haters?

oh-how-interesting.gif
  • HideyoshiKinoshita
    HideyoshiKinoshita Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I ooooonly drink water because I like my teeth the way they are. :) In my mouth.
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Fill a jug with water and add cucumber slices to it.... even mint and lemon juice. YUM. I love it. so refreshing!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Well - thanks for all of the advice. For those being SNARKY about water and the "taste" - TRUST - my water has a definite taste AND smell. Most of the time it is nasty - and then the city decides to chlorinate the supply and it smells like pool water. Ugh. I already filter water for those reasons...but I still don't like the taste.
    I used to hate water. I know people say it doesn't taste like anything, but even though I always use filtered water, I just didn't like it except after a tough workout. I've grown more used to it now since doing a few glasses of water between each glass of juice/soda I had.

Try to get some more pure water in simply to avoid the sweeteners, chemicals, sugars, calories, etc., but as long as you're getting enough to drink throughout the day (which it sounds like you are based on your "urine assessment"), you're fine.

I've been interested in trying fresh fruits in my water, but I have a question for those of you that have tried it (without a special infuser)... Do you end up with pieces or seeds in your water? I have a weird phobia about anything solid in my drink besides ice cubes (the reason I despise smoothies), and I'm afraid of getting little pieces of the fruit in my water then in my mouth. *shudder!*
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have tried citrus fruits - and it did leave some of the pulp in the water - but not too much.
  • francescajeanfox
    Options
    I take half a cucumber and cut it up and place it in a pitcher of water. Let is sit overnight, and you have fresh, amazing tasting water! Crystal light is full of artificial sweetners and other fake crap. Try this!

Great Idea, and second get rid of artificial sweeteners they are not healthy and potentially very dangerous.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I love the water drops and crystal light packets too. I don't like plain water. Lately, I have started switching over to making green tea from tea bags, putting fresh fruit juice in my water, or putting pieces of fruit like berries and cut melon in my water. I love it. I am pretty sure any water-based drink that has no caffeine and is not carbonated is used by your body just like plain water.