I can not believe it........

Options
Publix mac and cheese has 400 kcal/16g fat in 1 freakin cup! :noway: :noway: I will make this for my kids...they need the fat and carbs....when I am not making a carb for everyone for dinner....lots of veggies and protein for me, but the children need more carbs.... But while cleaning up, I had a few bites......:ohwell: :sick:
Any way....i am just saying, i can't freaking believe it. If we're gonna eat that much, i'd rather really splurge and make my rocking homemade.:wink:

i'm just sayin....major motivation not to sneak a few bites next time.....really not sure i want to even fix it for my kids now!

Replies

• ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Publix mac and cheese has 400 kcal/16g fat in 1 freakin cup! :noway: :noway: I will make this for my kids...they need the fat and carbs....when I am not making a carb for everyone for dinner....lots of veggies and protein for me, but the children need more carbs.... But while cleaning up, I had a few bites......:ohwell: :sick:
    Any way....i am just saying, i can't freaking believe it. If we're gonna eat that much, i'd rather really splurge and make my rocking homemade.:wink:

i'm just sayin....major motivation not to sneak a few bites next time.....really not sure i want to even fix it for my kids now!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Oh yeah I found that out as well Kraft Mac n Cheese is loaded with calories its insane
  • Fifty
    Fifty Posts: 17
    Options
    It makes you stop and think about what your gonna eat.Not worth the extra cal.I love the support system otherwise i would give up.THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP.:smile::smile: :smile:
  • hollybee
    hollybee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's funny how now that I stop and look at the calories and fat in food I really think if I take a bite of that just that one little piece can mess up my whole days calorie intake. Then I imagine it going straight to my gut.... It makes me feel like such a fat a** when I stop and think of everything I use to eat and not even think about how fatning or how much of it I ate..:sick:

55698.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I know it! You really have to look at labels...I was looking at dried bananas tonight at the store and they were 200 cals and 12g of fat...in a HALF a cup! Couldn't believe it.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I used to LOVE banana chips until I saw the label. So sad.:ohwell:

BTW -- GO for the homemade, you can at least control what you put in it.. use skim instead of cream, use really sharp cheese (lower fat content) and no extra fried breadcrumbs (yes, that was on one of the mac and cheeses I used to eat). Or you can make a gorganzola, parm, and milk baked mac and cheese and have a small amt.
  • JemErin
    JemErin Posts: 9
    Options
    It's funny how now that I stop and look at the calories and fat in food I really think if I take a bite of that just that one little piece can mess up my whole days calorie intake. Then I imagine it going straight to my gut.... It makes me feel like such a fat a** when I stop and think of everything I use to eat and not even think about how fatning or how much of it I ate..:sick:

55698.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I completely hear ya on this one. Last night at about 10pm I made myself half a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese on it .. not a bad snack but I'm trying not to eat at night. Anyway I sat there staring at it thinking about how long it would take to work it off and imagined it going straight to my thighs.. i ate half of it and threw the rest in the garbage. one small step for me!