Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I am resting today or running later. :frown:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to run yesterday. Rain and no babysitter :grumble: . But today I ran my whole loop! 3.35 miles...not too far compared to most on here, but its the farthest I've ever run before in my life! Now I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day! Yippee! At least now I know I can complete the 5k even if I'm not fast.

:flowerforyou:

You should sooooo sign up for one!! You can do it!!! :drinker: :drinker:

I'll be running one on the 25 of this month. My sister talked me into it. That's why I started training in the first place. Now even though I'm not sure I love running, I do love the feeling of accomplishment afterwards. I'm thinking I'll try a 10k next summer! I'm so glad she got me to do this!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to run yesterday. Rain and no babysitter :grumble: . But today I ran my whole loop! 3.35 miles...not too far compared to most on here, but its the farthest I've ever run before in my life! Now I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day! Yippee! At least now I know I can complete the 5k even if I'm not fast.

You should sooooo sign up for one!! You can do it!!! :drinker: :drinker:

I'll be running one on the 25 of this month. My sister talked me into it. That's why I started training in the first place. Now even though I'm not sure I love running, I do love the feeling of accomplishment afterwards. I'm thinking I'll try a 10k next summer! I'm so glad she got me to do this!

I'm glad she did too! lol...I think you'll really enjoy the 5k! a race environment is amazing!!
    best of luck!!!

hugs!
    Ali
  • ali106
    Options
    Ali-babe!

Do you do any back stretches/exercises??? I'd say for today, take some advil & let it rest.

Unfortnately, the way to a stronger back is to have a stronger front. Crunch-time, baybeeeeeee!! :laugh:

Doing my run after work today, gonna shoot for 7-miles! :drinker:

hope the weather cools down for your run girlie...you're hot enough! sizzle! lol

and thanks love the back is doing better....its just the first thing in the morning w/ me....but I was lifting the boy a lot yesterday we were doing flips in the pool...lol...I'm not sure who had more fun LOL

I didn't go running today I did my turbo jam...and no pain so that was good....like I said...just a morning thing and thanks for the tips...DAM! crunches...blech! lol

hugs!
    ali
  • ali106
    Options
    Poor baby. Think its worth trying a back support?

Al

:ohwell: I guess so.....lol...thanks honey!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • ali106
    Options
    Ali,

Sorry to hear about your back. Hugs to you!

Today is a xt day for me. I'm going to jump on the elliptical when the girls go to bed tonight.

Have a good one all!
    Mireille

hope the xt went well girl!!!
  • ali106
    Options
    Ok...I am proud to say that while on vacation for a week I ran every day a minimum of 3.5 miles!! Yea! I was so scared that I was going to gain some weight over the week because the couples that we were with can really eat and drink but I was so excited to when I jumped on the scale this morning to find that I had actually lost 4 lbs!!!!! I think I was so over the top with abstaining from the alcohol and over zealous about my runs...took hills, went faster, etc. that I more than made up for the eating portion of the vacation! I really tried to make good choices, drink a gallon of water a day and drink most of my water before meals and instead of wine and then exercise, exercise, exercise!

My friends teased me quite a bit when I wouldn't partake of the "fun". But now I get to tease them because I don't HAVE TO PARTAKE IN THE AFTER-GUILT!!! I am just sooooo excited!

You go Shannon! 7 miles...ouch! I have never done that and I don't know that I actually could. Maybe if I slowed down considerably but then it would take me an 11/2 hours to get it done!! Kudos to you!!!

HIGH FIVE!!!!! I'm really happy for you hon!!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE!!! :flowerforyou:

I was having such a grumpy day and then I read all these wonderful posts and I am feeling better now! thank you all for just being here!!

I did Body Pump and Spinning last night instead of running - my butt feels g-o-o-d today!! yowza! Tonight is 4 miles - I think this is Tempo run.....

Ali - soooooo sorry about your back! you really need to take it easy girl! What about that massage - any possibility of fitting it into your schedule? or a visit to a chiropractor?

Debuckl - congrats!!!! That is an amazing acheivement - 5K will be a breeze if you keep at it for the next two weeks. don't wait until next summer for a 10K - you will be ready by the fall as well as you are doing!

Kechie - you still owe us a story - and don't think I am going to forget! :drinker: <----here is more wine!

Shannon - just think of all the wonderful toxins you will be sweating out of your body tonight!! :sick:

Slender - thanks for the laugh today I needed it!! :laugh: :laugh: I had the greatest picture in my head of you chasing that dog!!

Buckeye - nice job on vaca!! that is incredible will power!! way to show those slugs!!! Congrats on the 4 lbs.
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I have had people tell me I should do the runners club, and post what I do, so is this where I do it? If so I had a great run today.
    My daughter has been running with me, so while I am re-training she is trying to keep up. I usually hang back with her and sometimes walk with her so she is not alone, but then I let loose and just run what I can home. Today I really did great. The times I was running I felt like I use to and couldn't wait to take off. I had her walk extra so I could run further home and Finally I told her I was on my way and I will see her at home and I just took off. My breathing was great and I just felt wonderful in my new running shoes. In total I ran about 3 miles, but then walked about another mile and a half with my daughter when she needed to rest. It took about 70 minutes, but I know the last mile plus that I ran was great!!!:tongue:
    I am hoping to do my first 5k at the end of September and another one at the beginning of October if I don't have my big operation then. I would like to do a 10k, but I will build up to that.
    As my daughter says "Good Times!"
    I am going to go on another site I was told about and I think I will get a better total of my running so I will do better tomorrow.
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    I have had people tell me I should do the runners club, and post what I do, so is this where I do it? If so I had a great run today.
    My daughter has been running with me, so while I am re-training she is trying to keep up. I usually hang back with her and sometimes walk with her so she is not alone, but then I let loose and just run what I can home. Today I really did great. The times I was running I felt like I use to and couldn't wait to take off. I had her walk extra so I could run further home and Finally I told her I was on my way and I will see her at home and I just took off. My breathing was great and I just felt wonderful in my new running shoes. In total I ran about 3 miles, but then walked about another mile and a half with my daughter when she needed to rest. It took about 70 minutes, but I know the last mile plus that I ran was great!!!:tongue:
    I am hoping to do my first 5k at the end of September and another one at the beginning of October if I don't have my big operation then. I would like to do a 10k, but I will build up to that.
    As my daughter says "Good Times!"
    I am going to go on another site I was told about and I think I will get a better total of my running so I will do better tomorrow.

Hey welcome!! you found us!!! great post too!!

so funny that my son always says 'good times' too!! I have no idea where he learned it but he says it with this funny voice and it is so darn cute!

Hope you will join us everyday!! Great for you for signing up for those races - they are the best motivator and so much fun! (the free t-shirts aren't bad either!)

:flowerforyou: Tricia
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Hey Bunny and Thalli- if I did it you can too! You can go on vacation and stay on target! But no matter what just remember to enjoy yourself and whomever you are going with...afterall, it's about getting a break!! :tongue:
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So I'm home from vacation and now I'm miserable! I was running 2 miles every other day while on vacation, and I come home and lose all motivation. The weather is terrible and the scenery is nothing compared to what I just left. I was running better on the hills in the country than I can on the flat land here in the city! I couldn't get motivated last night, so I did a biggest loser workout and added a 15 minute ab workout. I'm hoping this rain will let up so I can go run later. I know many of you enjoy running in the rain, but I'm so uncooridinated I'm suprised I can even walk!

On another note, not only did I work out harder while I was on vacation, but I completely stopped counting calories for the week and still lost 1 pound! Congrats to you Buckeye for your incredible loss during such tempting circumstances! :drinker: (It's just water, promise!)

:heart: Christina
  • ali106
    Options
    So I'm home from vacation and now I'm miserable! I was running 2 miles every other day while on vacation, and I come home and lose all motivation. The weather is terrible and the scenery is nothing compared to what I just left. I was running better on the hills in the country than I can on the flat land here in the city! I couldn't get motivated last night, so I did a biggest loser workout and added a 15 minute ab workout. I'm hoping this rain will let up so I can go run later. I know many of you enjoy running in the rain, but I'm so uncooridinated I'm suprised I can even walk!

On another note, not only did I work out harder while I was on vacation, but I completely stopped counting calories for the week and still lost 1 pound! Congrats to you Buckeye for your incredible loss during such tempting circumstances! :drinker: (It's just water, promise!)

aw hon I know what you mean....when I went to the cape awhile back I was running everyday, swimming, using the gym, eating great and then I came home and went kapoooot! for a good two weeks.....but you're already getting there by doing your workout tape! so high five!!! and the weather will get better and you'll get out....just do the best you can and come hang out here LOL...we're here for you!

nice job on the pound!!!
    hugs!
    ali
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Hey welcome home!! I am amazed at how well all of you guys did on vacay!! I don't know if I would have been as good - now I will have to go on vacay to find out!! :laugh:

Go and find your motivation!! Quick before too much time passes you by!! Starting small today was great - let's you remember how good it feels to move! then gradually increase back to where you were!!

Go walking in the rain! it is soooooo refreshing!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone -
    I'd like to pick up the thread from last night about running clothing. When I started out I bought these running skorts by new balance. They have the lycra thin liner underneath and then a skirt over them. They are so comfortable and there is no rubbing! If you don't mind looking alittle like a tennis player I would highly recommend them!
    Bunny:flowerforyou:
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    Do any of you live in the state of Washington?

I ask because I want to take my hubby to Washington for his 40th birthday this fall but I am not sure where to go. We love to hike, run, visit vineyards, raft, etc. I would love to fly in somewhere that we wouldn't need to rent a car but don't know where that might be. If any of you live there can you talk to me about it? I would sure appreciate the help!!

Buckeye
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Got 7 miles in, it was an ugly 7-miles, but I got 'er done! :sick:
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Hey again! Haha I have a newbie kinda question, but I'm sure you guys won't mind because everyone on this thread is so supportive..I love it! Anyways, it looks like it supposed to rain over here tomorrow so I won't be able to do my morning jog outside. My question is...how accurate are treadmills when it comes to mileage?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • buckeyebabe
    Options

it's a pound off!! Great job Christina...I think any loss at all while on vacation is a fantastic job so kudos to you!!
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    Hey again! Haha I have a newbie kinda question, but I'm sure you guys won't mind because everyone on this thread is so supportive..I love it! Anyways, it looks like it supposed to rain over here tomorrow so I won't be able to do my morning jog outside. My question is...how accurate are treadmills when it comes to mileage?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

I actually find them fairly accurate....if they are off they are usually only off by a fraction so small it doesn't matter. If the belt seems to be slipping then you will want to try another one...that means the interior belt is probably worn and the speed and therefore distance is way off....enjoy!!