No loss this week

Options
I normally lose about 0.5-1 kilo a week and last week the scales didn't budge on my weigh-in day. I kept at my next or just under every day.

What could be the culprit?

Thanks

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Normal weight fluctuation. Weight loss isn't linear. If this persist over time, then it could be eating too much.. not eating enough.. sodium content... etc..

After 4 weeks with no weight loss, then there we can re look. But 1-2 weeks isn't a plateau.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It's ok. You maintained. I maintained for a few months while losing and still met my goal. If you ate at or under your TDEE you may have lost so little that the scale doesn't show it. Also, many of us have fluctuations of five or more pounds within a month. A few days ago someone told me I was overthinking my exercise situation. They were right. Relax.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Can't view your diary so I couldn't exactly tell you what might be the cause. I will say that I've also not seemed to lose anything in the past week or so, but I also overdid it on alcohol calories two of those nights. The way I see it is either I've maintained for a week (and enjoyed myself) or I might have still been retaining a bit extra when I weighed in. Regardless, I didn't gain and that counts as a win.
  • KatieHPhoto
    KatieHPhoto Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Last week I did have a couple of biscuits on a few consecutive nights so they might be the issue. I've generally been semi-strict with what I'm eating so that all but a couple of snacks/meal parts are healthy.

Hopefully this week I'll see a change. It could be water retention I guess, now I think of it. I didn't drink as much water as I would normally do in a day...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Last week I did have a couple of biscuits on a few consecutive nights so they might be the issue. I've generally been semi-strict with what I'm eating so that all but a couple of snacks/meal parts are healthy.

Hopefully this week I'll see a change. It could be water retention I guess, now I think of it. I didn't drink as much water as I would normally do in a day...

If you want to open your diary, then we can provide feedback. But biscuits are going to stop weight loss. Heck, I eat ice cream almost every night.
  • KatieHPhoto
    KatieHPhoto Posts: 37 Member
    Options

If you want to open your diary, then we can provide feedback. But biscuits are going to stop weight loss. Heck, I eat ice cream almost every night.

Last week was an exception for biscuits I think. It was the first week in a long time that I really fancied something savoury like them. I'm normally quite good and I'll literally be having one or two in a couple of weeks. I'm not defeated, I'm still strong to kick the cravings :wink:

I guess we can't be strict every day of our lives, otherwise it'll be rubbish! I'm not aiming to lose weight quickly, just in good time still allowing myself to have some fun sometimes. Back on form this week I think!