First Time User - Newbie Introduction

Options
Hello! What a great sounding group on the blog page! I am so excited to use the tools to get moving, motivated, and lose that weight!
Inspire me! I hope to do the same for you.

Quote of Today: It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?

Replies

• MakeLifeBright
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!! Best of Luck on all the goals you have set. You Can DoIt!!:flowerforyou:
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Laura and I'm new to myfitnesspal! I'm excited to lose weight and feel great doing it!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Here's a quote for you: "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten"
  • MomwithBoys
    MomwithBoys Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just heard about this site today. I don't have huge weight-loss goals, but have been struggling to get the last 11 lbs off.
  • sandyland324
    Options
    Good luck - this is definitely the best place for daily inspiration!
  • smoothsue
    Options
    :heart: Hi, my handle is Smoothsue. I am over weight. I started in May with a healthy eating lifestyle change. I go by and learn one step at the time. Since May I have lost 51 pounds. My biggest obstacle is that food has become my comforter instead of God. Thus any emotional problem is a good reason to eat. I am changing that but sometimes I don't recognize the triggers. The last one _procrastination and perfectionism-- puzzle me. I know I do it but how do I diffuse it?
  • GinaKiss89
    Options
    LAURA_B: Best wishes to you too! Think in small steps, trying to make too many changes at once is overwhelming and disasterous! Small bites (pun intended). :wink:
  • HI MY NAME IS BRENDA AND I GOT THIS APP FOR MY IPHONE AND THINK IT WILL HELP ME STAY ON TRACK. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AFTER MY FAMILY FOR YEARS BUT FORGOT ABOUT LOOKING AFTER MYSELF. I DECIDED IT WAS MY TURN SO THE FIRST THING I DID WAS GET A PEDICURE..... SO NICE !!!! NOW IT IS TO GET THE EXTRA WEIGHT OFF SO I CAN BUY CLOTHES THAT I DON'T LOOK LIKE A GRANNY. I AM 58 AND I AM A GRANDMA BUT I WANT TO BE A COOL GRANDMA AND BE ABLE TO ENJOY MY 7 GRANDCHILDREN AND ENJOY MYSELF ALSO. MY MAIN GOAL IS TO HAVE A GOOD LAUGH EVERY DAY AND PRAISE GOD FOR HAVING PATIENCE WITH ME. HOPE I CAN GIVE TO OTHERS THE ENCOURAGEMENT THAT THEY GIVE TO ME.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people. This site is great and you will lose weight by following the plan, eat healthy, log your food and stay within you calorie range plus move it, it makes you feel better.
  • gino88
    Options
    Hello everyone I guess we are all here for the same reason,I have been using MFP almost a month but never looked into the forums or blogs.I see that it is easier to keep structure using MFP and the support that is available.I look forward to getting back to a healthy new lifestyle.I hope to be a support and friend in the future.
  • GinaKiss89
    Options
    Go Gino88! I so agree how helpful having the structure MFP adds. Your ticker proves just what we can do. I HATED going to weekly weigh-ins and having to sit through conversations I had no interest in. This site has some very interesting people and insights I would have missed. So glad to have found it. Thanks for popping by and saying hello!
  • GinaKiss89
    Options
    First weekly weigh-in tomorrow! I feel good about Week 1 and taking small steps. Week 2 I plan to incorporate more movement; walking, playing with the dogs (2 white german shepherds), and Wii Fit!
  • GinaKiss89
    Options
    FIRST WEEK WEIGH IN: Hooray for me! A positive weight loss my first week. Yeah, I know we all usually lose something our first week. But getting past the hump of deciding to do something and then really taking action is such a great feeling!

A small sack of potatoes is off my body! I'm ready for week 2 and adding some exercise into my days.