Infertility & weight loss support

Options
Anyone out there with 50 lbs or more to loose who is also struggling with infertility? I am looking for friends to support and give support too on both accounts :)

Replies

• emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have infertility due to endometriosis. I'm 37 y/o and have around 80 lbs. to lose.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am. My infertility is due to other issues, (one tube after ectopic, going to check on my other tube this Thursday, and most likely will be starting IVF in the next few months) not my weight, but of course they want me to try to lose the weight as we begin the process. Add me if you'd like! Trying to lose, trying to conceive...it's all so stressful! Ack. lol
  • semarsh12
    semarsh12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi there. There are TTC groups here...just search for TTC/Fertility Support & Fitness. People update when they can and you can also get in touch with others that are going through the same things!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I struggled with infertility due to PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome).

Please make sure to find out whether there are other factors impeding the process. I have a blocked tube, the hormone imbalance (PCOS), natural killer cells (so that if an egg did implant, my body would attack it and kick it out) AND a blood clotting issue that would make my blood clot around the embryo and it would auto-abort before really getting a chance to get going.

I only bring this up because no amount of weight loss would have made me be able to get pregnant with all that other stuff going on.

I went through 1 IVF cycle, and 1 IUI cycle, and have two beautiful daughters.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's going on with me. I don't have insurance and I did have a son who turned 15 the other day. I don't have my periods, and I put it on my weight but I haven't had a baby since my son. So I would say I have infertility but the good news is I had two menstrual this year three months a part but better then nothing at all. The last time I went to the doctor, I had high testosterone.
  • mysonsmama
    Options
    You sound just like me :) It turns out that I have 2 things going on with me, hypothyroid and pituitary tumor. The good news is that my thyroid meds have kick started my cycle and I am ovulating again. There may bee some over the counter stuff that you can take :)
    Good Luck!