Wii Fit Plus?

Options
Does anyone use the Wii Fit as part of their exercise routine? I just purchased one today, and I think it's a fun way to keep my mind off the fact that I'm exercising. Before I knew it, it told me I'd burned over 250 calories!

Replies

• juicydee
    juicydee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i love it. what did you do to get to 250?
  • luvnmom22
    Options
    Yes, I love the Wii Fit Plus. I have used it several times for part of my exercise routine. I especially like it on days that I can't get outside to walk due to weather.
  • ajandamygale
    Options
    I love it too! I have lost about 10 pounds using it. So I am always telling people how wonderful it is!!!
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I would like to know what you did to get the 250 calories burned also. I use my Wii Fit Plus some to excercise with would like to feel like I am burning more calories than I am currently. Please share what activities you do. thanks!
  • octopusbeard
    octopusbeard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Since it's my first day using it, I was just playing around with all of the things on there! I did all of the Step ones under the Aerobics section, the Perfect Ten, um... I can't remember right now! When I do it again tomorrow I'll write 'em down and tell you.

I'm wondering though if it calculates burned calories veeeery off. Because I hardly felt like I was doing anything. Although, I am a little bit sore afterwards.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I love it too... I'd love it more if I could find my nunchuk though! :)

The Advanced burns more calories... I often do the 10 minute advanced boxing to burn some calories quick. I love Rhythm Kung Fu too!
  • pretygrlsmom
    pretygrlsmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had Wii Fit and it was the best!! last year I found out my mom in Texas was having a hard time, she is Diabetic. So i sent it to her. I just recently found out I am too, so i am actually looking to purchase one for myself again. Loved it. I love the fact that you could just do walking/stepping while watching TV!
  • CINDYLOU1966
    CINDYLOU1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love the wii fit plus and i do the walk it out one too on the wii and it is awesome a lot fun i would recommend it and tell every one to get it and try it 's a lot fun .. let me know what u all are doing on the wii fit and i can try it I am always open to new routine
  • octopusbeard
    Options
    I haven't tried the boxing or the kung fu yet, but it's first on my list for tomorrow morning! :P
  • aligirl32766
    Options
    I love ours! I get so bored working out with videos, so this is a great alternative.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've had this game since Christmas and have used it off and on. I've been using it everyday for 5 weeks now and have noticed that my body has been toning down greatly. i use it in combo with 30-120 minutes of walking or cardio daily.

I really love the snowball fight since I can throw snowballs at people I know. i really love hitting my brother and husband daily. The perfect 10 (I believe that this is where you shake your hips and count to ten) The hula hoop is fun too.
  • ejoh40509
    ejoh40509 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have tha WII Fit Plus and I like it as well. I tend to do it when I really find myself not wanting to exercise. I do it when My only exercise for the day is walking my dog.....somewhat of a lazy day. I'm up to a coke right now so I just do super hula hoop about 5x. My only thing with tha WII is when I get on it it tells me it's midnight.....when it is A.M., something must be wrong with the time on it. If u figure that one out please let me know. Ohhhh, and when it tells me I'm obese :cry: I may do something else on there, but that hula hoop is more than enough :laugh:
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I got the Wii Fit Plus and love it. It helped me lose almost 30 lbs (only 40 more to go! lol) My daughters love playing on it, too. They think it's funny when they beat my high scores. I haven't been using it as much lately, as I've been concentrating more on weight training, but I still use it for my daily weigh-ins or for a quick workout. It's great for my aerobic days, especially when the weather's bad outside. It's a fun way to get in shape.
  • octopusbeard
    Options
    I have tha WII Fit Plus and I like it as well. I tend to do it when I really find myself not wanting to exercise. I do it when My only exercise for the day is walking my dog.....somewhat of a lazy day. I'm up to a coke right now so I just do super hula hoop about 5x. My only thing with tha WII is when I get on it it tells me it's midnight.....when it is A.M., something must be wrong with the time on it. If u figure that one out please let me know. Ohhhh, and when it tells me I'm obese :cry: I may do something else on there, but that hula hoop is more than enough :laugh:

I was just messing around with the settings on mine today. There's an option to set it to Night Owl, where it starts the new day at 3 am instead of midnight.
  • ejoh40509
    ejoh40509 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How do I get to that setting?