Family victory!!!

Options
ElizaGeorge
ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
My family and I (Husband, MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL) have been on MFP for just over a month, and as of today we have collectively lost 75 lbs!

I am so proud of my family for taking this journey with me. It started as me needing to change, and they all rose up in an incredibly supportive way . So grateful for the people who love me and encourage me!

Replies

• sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and your family :D It really is great that the people in your life are so supportive :D Here's to continued success!!
  • Tophermak
    Tophermak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear Eliza. . . . it's sooooo much easier when the whole house is on board!!
  • LoriMcDole
    Options
    That is so great! Support is what it's all about! Congratulations!!!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is so awesome!
  • hmseals77
    hmseals77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and your family!!
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My Dad was my inspiration for losing weight. He lost over 100 pounds and when I saw it was possible I figured I should try too. 71 pounds later (and lighter) and it's the best decision I ever made!
  • shenson2522
    shenson2522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What an awesome family.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I hope you have some idea as to how lucky you are! Very few people have a group supporting them as you do. My best friend even is bad - she'll order anything and everything "to share" if we go to lunch together. Luckily, I just know that if we go to lunch, that's going to happen and I will work it into my day, or simply refuse, eat an early lunch myself, etc.

My mom is constantly shoving food in my face. "You need to eat, you're too skinny". No mom, technically I'm overweight. *sigh*

How very fun! It will be awesome to see what other things you can do together! A color run or similar 5k? Mudman? Fun family photos? You're so very lucky!
  • ElizaGeorge
    Options
    Believe me! I SO know how blessed I am! My husband has been so incredible... always encouraging and pushing me, but in a nice way... my MIL and FIL have been so awesome, too! Cooking healthier meals when we come over and sharing recipes... My SIL and BIL live out of town, but them logging and losing weight is encouragement from afar!
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    How did everyone decide to get on board? I say this, because my family is not supportive in the slightest.
  • ElizaGeorge
    Options
    Well, we are all overweight to some degree, but I told my husband I had to do this and he was immediately on board... he's just in general very supportive and wants me to be happy. Then I called his mom and explained what we were doing and to please not be offended if I don't eat as much of her delicious food, but that she didn't need to change her cooking, I just needed Herr understanding... she immediately said that they needed to make changes too and that it would be easier if we all did it together. Then they made accounts and started changing how they ate and started exercising... I just really am blessed by them... it helps that they all want me to succeed and they personally want to succeed for themselves.

I would like to encourage you, though! Don't give up! Do great things for yourself!
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Totally amazing and great that you all helping instead of hindering.

Looking forward to before and after pics of you all!
  • texanintokyo
    texanintokyo Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! What a great family!!!
  • ElizaGeorge
    Options
    Thanks, guys <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!