Thinking About Doing Insanity, Any Tips?

Options
Hi everyone.

I've just recently started to work out regularly and eat healthier. I started to do The Biggest Loser Max Cardio workout recently and I'm planning to stick to it for the rest of this month. I wanted to move on to Insanity but I'm kind of afraid :frown: Just doing the fit test really burns me out. I don't know how I would actually finish the program. Any advice from you who have completed it?

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    - Get a pre trainer drink mix. I use NO xplode. I didn't start using it til my 2nd month because that was when my hubby decided to get back into shape (plus he is a soldier so it's his job to stay in shape lol)

Only 25 cals per scoop and it's better than coffee! lol It just gives you this energy and it lasts even after the workout which helps me because I have a family to take care of lol

So far I tried Raspberry and Fruit Punch...fruit punch tastes better
  • manetta1
    Options
    Hey:

Just remember the fit test is to see where your at. Your going to do the 15 test i think in 2 weeks again and see your improvements. I say tackle it. DO WORK :). I've done insanity and its hard, but you'll feel the results. Good luck.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I haven't completed it yet (I've had some health issues that have prevented me). I did get a good two week start originally and while (like you) the fit test really did me in, I was able to do the workouts from start to finish. Did I go as fast as everyone else? NO. Was I able to do the full minute of each move? NO. BUT I completed each video I did and if I would have been able to stick with it, I would have gotten stronger each time I did the workout. I love Insanity and hope I can get back to it soon. I also want to get Chalene's Turbo Fire as they seem similar AND TF has the Turbo Jam kickboxing type moves that I like too it seems (from what I can tell from infomercial, I don't have it yet:tongue: ).
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    oh! and I didn't see weight loss until week 4 and recovery week. Your body is going to be sore and may retain water.

I bloged about my Insanity journey if you want to check it out because I know I may come up with another tip like 1 min after I keep posting up stuff.

I weighed myself & checked body measurements weekly on Sunday.
    Normally people would think that's too much but I honestly seen changes every week!
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It definitely lives up to it's name, that's for sure. It is crazy hard. I am not a cardio junkie, so I'd have to say that it's not my favorite workout program, but it is certainly a challenge & a great workout. Good luck to you - I missed my resistance workouts so only did the first month.
  • skinnytayy
    Options
    Insanity is amazing IF you are a fan of cardio & resistance training. Like another poster said, it lives up to its name. For me, I've stuck with it (surprisingly) because I've had my boyfriend doing it with me so it's a little friendly competition to see who is faster, works out harder, sweats more, gets better results, etc. So if you can find someone to do it with then I'd say you're good to go. Also, It helps if you are MENTALLY ready to push yourself to extremes and you can't give up just because you're a little sore. Drinking something like P90X results & recovery mix afterwards helps out with soreness and other things. Best part is, Shaun emphasizes on taking breaks if needed which is great because you'll need them! :happy: