Cleanse Fasting & Intermittent Fasting?

Options
Has anyone tried this? I did for a while and it worked really well. I was considering going for a week long cleanse and then begin intermittent fasting again. Thoughts?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    What are you cleansing?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    If you poop and pee, you are already cleansed.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just eat veggies and drink water. It' provides this same effect.
  • Miyocchi
    Miyocchi Posts: 23
    Options
    I was considering doing a basic colon cleanse to start off with. They sell a few at my local health foods store.
  • nomeejerome
    Options
    I was considering doing a basic colon cleanse to start off with. They sell a few at my local health foods store.

If you poop and pee, you are already cleansed and do not need to purchase anything extra from a store.
  • Mokey41
    Options
    Where's Rigger when you need him? He has a great colon cleanse recipe along with use description.
  • Miyocchi
    Options

If you poop and pee, you are already cleansed and do not need to purchase anything extra from a store.

I get that :)
    But my doctor mentioned doing a detoxification :)
  • Miyocchi
    Options
    Where's Rigger when you need him? He has a great colon cleanse recipe along with use description.

I think I'll start researching some at home recipes :) If you know of any, I'd be super grateful if you showed me! :)
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    What kind of Dr would recommend something like that?!?!
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    What kind of Dr would recommend something like that?!?!

Doctor Oz!!
  • nomeejerome
    Options
  • Mokey41
    Options
    Hope Rigger doesn't mind me pasting this for him. I know he's here in spirit!

Quote:
    I said it before and I'll say it again. My detox is simple, cheap, and takes only half a day.

Rigger's detox, take one glass of water, add several drops of VVL-800 machine oil, consume oil/water mixture, wait 15 minutes and take up residence on yonder porcelain throne for the next 6-10 hours.

So easy anyone can do it. End Quote.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who's had to have a colonoscopy for medical reasons, there is no way in heck I'd ever want to do the "prep" work willingly.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

I get that :)
    But my doctor mentioned doing a detoxification :)

Was he your Dr. or your "Dr."?
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I think a a detox program such as Dr Oz's 3 day one can be great for removing many of the bad things in our diet and keeping daily calorie count down. I think it can be a good idea for 2 to 4 days but I am not sure if I would do it for an entire week. Starting on a sensible diet after that should work great! Detoxing and then going back to a bad diet I think would not really accomplish anything.

I do not think a cleanse is a good thing though. It seems unnatural to clear absolutely everything out. Our bodies will naturally clear out toxins once we stop taking them in.
  • Miyocchi
    Options
    ..He was my Doctor. As in a medical professional?
  • Miyocchi
    Options
    No, it was not Dr. Oz.
  • nomeejerome
    Options
    I think a a detox program such as Dr Oz's 3 day one can be great for removing many of the bad things in our diet and keeping daily calorie count down. I think it can be a good idea for 2 to 4 days but I am not sure if I would do it for an entire week. Starting on a sensible diet after that should work great! Detoxing and then going back to a bad diet I think would not really accomplish anything.

I do not think a cleanse is a good thing though. It seems unnatural to clear absolutely everything out. Our bodies will naturally clear out toxins once we stop taking them in.

Guess what? If you poop and you pee, you are cleansed AND detoxed. Pretty nifty.
  • Miyocchi
    Options
    Machine oil...?
    I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that..
  • norcaligirl72
    norcaligirl72 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You have to do what you feel is right for you... I do diatomacious earth daily for a parasite cleanse. I will be doing a liver detox I got from a friend where it's basically whole good food minus dairy and meat but I have to have some animal protein when I do it. It involves apple juice and then some calcium citrate. Everyone has their own opinion but you have to follow what feels right for your body in your time. I have seen many post on here about people that still eat fast food and junk food and fully defend that. Even though I would never justify that for myself it's their path. Maybe consult with a naturopath or an herbalist to get more information.