Newbie to Everything!!

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Mark, I'm 31yrs old, 6ft tall and currently weigh in at 192lb. Earlier this year I weighed 204lb and my goal is to get down to 168lb on the dot.

I'm currently setting my goal for Calories at 1600 although most days taking in 1300 before accounting for exercise, my exercise consists of up to an hour of on road and off road cycling at different levels of intensity.

Cyclemeter app thinks I burn about 700 calories based on my rides.

I'm counting everything I eat and drink and using cyclemeter to give me an average calorie burn.

One of my main dietary changes is cutting out breads, crisps and potato and I'm mainly eating meat, fish and salads in a combination of meals while trying to maintain a low carb intake.

Do you think I'm on the right track? I feel better and the scales are showing an improvement in weight loss, but could I do things better? Could I reduce the weight quicker?

You can see from the pic it's basically my stomache which has gained the weight over the years and is bit of a beer belly, strange thing is I don't drink beer!!.

XjRN584.jpg

Replies

• Rychina
    Rychina Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi there , you do an hour a day cycling which is great , do you do any other type of exercise or weight training ? Although you are active it sounds like you are targeting the same muscle groups each time you exercise , you need an all over body training . I was an avid hiker , and after hiking mountains for 148 km in 9 days I decided to join a boot camp , thinking I was in great shape, boy , was I wrong . On day 1 I couldn't even do 1 pushup , so I decided to take charge of my life and began exercising with a recognized program, I now am a coach for that company and still workout 5 days a week , you should consider adding a weight training program to help you , I have a perfect one in mind for you , Rychina
  • OLDCell
    OLDCell Posts: 3
    Options
    I do about 30 to 45 mins of walking each day on my lunch break and always take the stairs lol. No weights or anything, so any advice on shifting the belly would be greatly appreciated.

My walking pace is pretty fast, mainly because slow moving people browsing shops and smoking cigs annoys me so I need to avoid them most of the time and do so at high speed.

I'm up for anything that I can fit around my daily work which at the moment is 7am till 6pm at work then about an hours commute home.