Best protein shakes ?

Options
Looking for a high protein low low carb no sugar low cal protein shake that I can mix with water or something low in the mentioned above anyone have any ideas? Try to loose about 20 lbs and need something to use in between meals my protein intake is not high enough I eat chicken and veggies all day long and on the days i do boot camp i eat chicken and throw in brown rice. I am new to this and also dont really know whats clean eating I try but not a good cook lol you can look at my daily food intake on my profile

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Isopure Dutch Chocolate

Tastes great, 25g of protein per scoop, 110 calories, 0.5g fat, 1.5g carbs, 0g sugar

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/natures_best-isopure.htm
  • Melissa_mojo
    Melissa_mojo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    thanks I will check this out now! have you ever heard of Parrillo? my trainer keeps insisting its the best but not sure if it is only because he makes money off it
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I like Pure Protein shakes personally.
  • Melissa_mojo
    Options

any suggestions?
  • aalicia88
    aalicia88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

any suggestions?

I also drink pure protein. I like the triple chocolate one. Plus I'm a forever broke college student and this one fits my budget :D
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Most whey powders should fit your needs, just a matter of finding one that tastes good.

On a side note, IME, it's much better to cut a few extra cals from some other meal so you can mix with milk or ice cream than it is to try to go ultra low cal on the shake.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

any suggestions?

Stay far away from them. That is my suggestion. Personally, I can't stand the taste of them - and I've tried both the chocolate and vanilla. This is odd, as I like the Pure Protein powder just fine, and I actually really like the taste of their protein bars. But the pre-made shakes? Ugh...
  • Melissa_mojo
    Options
    its so confusing ugh
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    its so confusing ugh

Why? What's so confusing about it?

Look at the labels, find one that you like, give it a try.
  • amber_michelle30
    amber_michelle30 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like the muscle milk light powder with almond milk.
  • Melissa_mojo
    Options
    because there are so many out there and I tried one and got my butt chewed out saying to high in this and that etc. I think I will take a trip to vitamin world and see what they have.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    because there are so many out there and I tried one and got my butt chewed out saying to high in this and that etc. I think I will take a trip to vitamin world and see what they have.

By who? You know what you want... who cares what anyone else says. If it fits your needs, then isn't that good enough?
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar - Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Truffle are my favorites. I mix them with almond but water would work too.

You really have to try a bunch of different ones to figure out what you're going to like best. It's very individual...
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Trutein -- Cinnabun flavor. Tastes amazing and not much filler. Also gives you 3 kinds of proteins that digest throughout the course of the day AND tells you exactly how much of each protein you're getting. Basically, its a premium protein that tastes great.
  • Benzo500
    Benzo500 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Isolate Evolution from Intek has no carbs/sugars and tastes great.

Calories: 130 (35 grams)
    Fat: 1g
    Carbs: 0
    Sugars: 0
    Protein: 30
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Trutein -- Cinnabun flavor. Tastes amazing and not much filler. Also gives you 3 kinds of proteins that digest throughout the course of the day AND tells you exactly how much of each protein you're getting. Basically, its a premium protein that tastes great.

Spiru-Tein is the same way, but not 0 sugar (I'm ok with this though). 14g protein, 110ish cals. I love peach, blueberry and chocolate cookie dough. I mix 1 scoop in to a bottle of water and it's my breakfast. Sometimes it's worth it to compromise on a little sugar or fat to make it tolerable!
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I'm not helpful
  • Melissa_mojo
    Options
    I am writing all these names and looking them up now! thanks for all the input I am so new to this I started boot camp almost 4 weeks ago and need to get some more protein in my system. If anyone had suggestions about my eating habits on my diary please go for it I am fine with criticism lol
  • stepplax
    stepplax Posts: 26
    Options
    Love me some ON Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate. Tastes so good that I have to keep from drinking too much!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Calories 120
    Calories From Fat 10
    Total Fat 1g
    Total Carbohydrate 4g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 24g
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I use this:
    WVAN.png

http://www.jarrow.com/product/183/Whey_Protein_Vanilla

Great vanilla flavor and it has a lot less crap (no artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, etc.) than some of the others out there.