108 Lbs Lost and Cancer Beat!

Options
MsCyone
MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
******My Story******

My name is Alcyone, though most people call me Al or Cici. I'm 27 years old and since i started my weight loss journey in October of 2012, I have lost 103 lbs and on my way to losing 45-50 more. I guess i'm still considered a newlywed i married my best friend and biggest pain in my side last October which was the starting point of my journey, when I got my wedding pics back i was really unhappy with how they turned out. I tried just about every diet known to man before coming up with my own plan that finally helped me to shed the pounds. A good thing too since I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer in March 2013, thankfully with my lifestyle changes I have been able to bounce back from surgeries and chemotherapy, thats why I know with all that I have gone through if I have been able to be sucessful with my journey

Replies

• butterflyluv1218
    Options
    What a great story of courage and success! You should be very proud!
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am also a cancer survivor and that is exactly why I started my weight loss and healthy lifestyle journey! May God help us both as we continue.
  • mrscooks1
    mrscooks1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and beating cancer!!!!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story! Congratulations on the weight loss and most important beating cancer! :flowerforyou:
  • moisyrocks
    moisyrocks Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your successes. That is fantastic news!!
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I remember towards the beginning of your journey. You've come so far. Thanks for sharing
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! :)
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work!! :)
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Do you make YouTube vids? I feel like I just watched some recently.

Anyways, CONGRATS!!!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    ******My Story******

My name is Alcyone, though most people call me Al or Cici. I'm 27 years old and since i started my weight loss journey in October of 2012, I have lost 103 lbs and on my way to losing 45-50 more. I guess i'm still considered a newlywed i married my best friend and biggest pain in my side last October which was the starting point of my journey, when I got my wedding pics back i was really unhappy with how they turned out. I tried just about every diet known to man before coming up with my own plan that finally helped me to shed the pounds. A good thing too since I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer in March 2013, thankfully with my lifestyle changes I have been able to bounce back from surgeries and chemotherapy, thats why I know with all that I have gone through if I have been able to be sucessful with my journey

Are these dates (Oct 2012) correct? I was reading your profile page and it seems maybe you've been at this longer than the past 9 months or so. Don't get me wrong, I think losing the 103 pounds is great and beating cancer even better...just was curious how you lost so much weight in 9 months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!