Mini Goal Set

Options
I've been realizing lately that my overall weight loss goal, although great, is still a while down the road. I am trying hard to remember that every little bit counts and that even though my journey has no real end date, that doesn't mean I can't set my own mini goals. So by November 10th I plan to lose another 15lbs. I don't see this as a bad goal, I see it as a realistic goal that can be accomplished if I just stick to my calorie counting and exercise. I mean the calorie counting, and feel free to agree here, is pretty addicting once you get the hang of it. So that's not really a concern. I just need to make sure to fit in my exercise daily, which lately I feel i've struggled with. Soooo Let the fun begin!

Replies

• wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes!! You are awesome!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    :huh: my mini goalis only 25 pounds:noway: wich is not bad when i have 100 pounds to lose.:bigsmile: but it seems so far off sense iv been binging at night
  • dresdenkali
    Options
    I set my mini goals every 10lbs. So my next one is 239. It makes the accomplishment and self motivation feel easier to focus in smaller chunks. Usually I do something to reward myself. A little treat, a new shirt or something like that.

Exercise is hard to build a habit with but once you do it's hard to stop. Think of it like a little bit of you time to clear your head and focus on yourself and your body. Most of my better ideas have come from my time exercising. Even at work if I am stumped on a particularly hard issue a short walk helps me think it through and keeps me from sitting for 9 hours lol.
  • firstdaughter
    Options
    I think a mini goal is a great idea...I will set mine for 15 lbs...I feel the same way...this will be a long road and sometimes it's overwhelming. Let see if I can make this work.
  • mjgriff44
    Options
    My mini goal....is...to weigh less Monday morning than I did today!!! That may seem small, but the weekends are my tough times.....I will be glad for any loss at all!!! :drinker: