I feel disguisted with myself.

Options
I've been feeling a food diary now, for about a month. I feel generally disguised with myself as whilst I'm at home, I feel that I do well. But at my boyfriends or at work, there is always rubbish to eat.. and I eat. I then feel bloody horrible about it and angry at myself.

Anyone else ever done this and how did you feel / overcome it?

Replies

• millionairesstv
    millionairesstv Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    write some positive affirmations and read them out allowed to your self
    e.g I am beautiful and healthy

I love to eat nutrious foods
    xx
  • jenderemer
    Options
    It's best to plan your meals ahead of time and pack some snacks you can take with you everywhere you go :) it really makes a huge difference for your waist line and self-esteem to take control and plan accordingly
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue at my workplace, junk food around all the time. I kept (and continue) telling myself "no food tastes as good as skinny feels". After being off of white sugar and processed foods for a month now I don't even crave the junk food. It will come in time for you too, and in the meantime you can keep your own yummy, healthy snacks at your desk or in your purse so that you don't feel slighted when others are having a snack. A walnut rolled up in a medjool date does the trick for my sweet tooth and when I'm craving salty stuff I eat kale chips or nuts. None of these items need to be refrigerated and are easy to take on the go. Hope this helps, we've all been there. Stick with it, each time you say no to unhealthy eating you will feel stronger and prouder.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    It's best to plan your meals ahead of time and pack some snacks you can take with you everywhere you go :) it really makes a huge difference for your waist line and self-esteem to take control and plan accordingly

^^This, pre plan and pre log your food so you know what you're eating for the day, and then stick to it and you'll be fine. Mind over matter
  • slimmerzoe33
    Options
    Thank you ladies. That really is a great great help. xx
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

^^This, pre plan and pre log your food so you know what you're eating for the day, and then stick to it and you'll be fine. Mind over matter

Hopefully the above advice works for you. But if it doesn't (because malnourishment will stimulate one to over-eat and crave sugary/starchy foods) consider that WHAT you eat may play a role in craving/lack of control. Being healthy, including weight loss, does not need to be a struggle. Eating anything but in "moderation" and using "willpower" does not work for everyone.
  • slimmerzoe33
    Options
    My main issue is literally eating rubbish.. like chocolate. I'll convince myself need it. That one wont hurt. But then one becomes 3 or I'll eat something, then think whats the point in logging it on the food diary.. I'll start tomorrow. Feel awful about this as I was doing so well until last week. I really want to lose my weight and get slimmer.. Mind over matter I guess.
    But thank you for your advice all. It really is appreciated.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

Hopefully the above advice works for you. But if it doesn't (because malnourishment will stimulate one to over-eat and crave sugary/starchy foods) consider that WHAT you eat may play a role in craving/lack of control. Being healthy, including weight loss, does not need to be a struggle. Eating anything but in "moderation" and using "willpower" does not work for everyone.

If you're having trouble with feeling hungry, I'd suggest a diet high in protein as protein is very satiating, also high fiber and high dietary fat would be good to help with hunger.
  • jenderemer
    Options
    don't keep it around- if it's a trigger, then don't buy it. it's the only way I manage to not eat it
  • BurningAway
    Options
    I've been feeling a food diary now, for about a month. I feel generally disguised with myself as whilst I'm at home, I feel that I do well. But at my boyfriends or at work, there is always rubbish to eat.. and I eat. I then feel bloody horrible about it and angry at myself.

Anyone else ever done this and how did you feel / overcome it?

Whooooa whoa stop it you just stop it! If you continue to punish yourself like this, you will never regain control of yourself and you will spiral into a low self esteem depression NO ONE WANTS THAT! First of all your human, as human you make mistakes. Mistakes are ok as long as you learn from them so learn from this and make a point to do better next time.

Its a total change in lifestyle to be fit and healthy, mostly because we all love the foodz and we have no sense of portion control. So make a goal list "i will only have one cup cake at work today." Thats what i do it may not work for everyone good luck beautiful.