Having problem with lower calories

Options
I've lost 41 lbs so far and it went great. I was eating about 1,700-1,800 calories when I was 168lbs. Now that I'm down to 127lbs MFP has changed my goal to 1200 to lose 1lb a week.

I'm 5ft 2inches, sedentary, 21 years old, and currently 127lbs.
Is this enough for me or where I should be?
When I was eating more i plateaued. Around 1,350 calories.

I go over all the time now and my goal and it's frustrating.

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    With so little left to lose and because you're petite, you really should switch your goal to lose .5lbs a week. I know that seems impossibly slow, but it's better than feeling depressed everyday because you can't manage 1200 calories. I eat 1390 + exercise calories and I still have days where I want to eat the whole house. I feel ya.
  • cowgirlupkelly
    Options
    Usually as you lose you need less calories to maintain thus to lose you need to reduce more.

My experience is the closer I go to my goal weight the more I had to pay attention not only to my calories but what I was eating. I still enjoy a sweet treat daily along with getting in my daily requirements.

another is may be to shake up your exercise routine (increasing the intensity or time done) may help too.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of switching to half a pound loss but I was afraid if i upped my calories I wouldn't lose.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have an opinion
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and eat between 1700-2000 calories. Figure out your TDEE and BMR and eat between that!!

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I second switching to .5lb a week. I'm far from my goal weight, but my understanding has been that the closer to goal you are it's wise to lose slowly.