Bodybugg/bodymedia users

Options
Just curious to see how many of you have used one of these along with mfp ..did you feel it made a big difference?

Replies

• manique45
    manique45 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this response too! I am awaiting mine in the mail as we speak... I cant wait to use it. For me I am looking at it as a mental aid. I have an issue with eating enough cals to support my workouts... So I think seeing my body working will encourage me to eat at my cal intake...

so *bump*
  • kmykelley
    kmykelley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Bodymedia Link for almost 2 weeks now and I love it!!!!! I'm a very visual person and its so easy to just get it to connect to my phone and be able to see where I'm at for the day and if I've reached my step, activity and calorie goals. I was pretty unsure about it would track my sleeping but it helped me realize what I could change to get to sleep easier. The other thing I love is that I dont have to mess with it. I take it off when I shower and get ready for work, then when right before I leave I just put the armband on and forget about it. I also haven't had any issues with it syncing with mfp. sometimes it takes 15 minutes for it to catch up with my food diary on here but its not a huge hinderance to me.
  • luckylilma818
    luckylilma818 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I really like mine..I know where I'm at all the time
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    myself i wouldnt waste the money i had one but sent it back as had 3 different ones sent to me as i had nothing but trouble with it. but i did end up getting one that worked right for a month and really didnt find it helped me at all the calorie count for cadrio WAS WAY out
  • paigeyleigh
    paigeyleigh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had issues with wearing the bodymedia on my left arm. I have some sort of tennis elbow-like issue and it irritated my arm after awhile, making it ache. :( I read that you *had* to wear it on that arm as thats what its calibrated for ....otherwise i thought it was great..wish it didn't bug me!
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I had issues with wearing the bodymedia on my left arm. I have some sort of tennis elbow-like issue and it irritated my arm after awhile, making it ache. :( I read that you *had* to wear it on that arm as thats what its calibrated for ....otherwise i thought it was great..wish it didn't bug me!

Really?! I must have missed that part. I can't find any documentation online, but everyone of their pictures has the model(s) wearing it on the left! I've been wearing mine on the right for the last 2+ months I've had it.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i have been wearing the bodymedia for a year and it was a huge help in my weight loss, and actually what got it all started for me. Without the bodymedia in the beginning i probalby would have failed in this weight loss like i did every other time before i had it.
  • luckylilma818
    luckylilma818 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i have been wearing the bodymedia for a year and it was a huge help in my weight loss, and actually what got it all started for me. Without the bodymedia in the beginning i probalby would have failed in this weight loss like i did every other time before i had it.
    awesome Job!
  • paigeyleigh
    paigeyleigh Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Really?! I must have missed that part. I can't find any documentation online, but everyone of their pictures has the model(s) wearing it on the left! I've been wearing mine on the right for the last 2+ months I've had it.

This is on their website in the FAQ's.

Where should the Armband be worn?
    The Armband should always be worn high on the triceps area of the left arm, with the sensors touching the skin, with the logo on top, closer to the shoulder.

Can I wear the Armband on my right arm? Or upside down?
    Algorithms analyze the Armband data to estimate your calorie burn. Those algorithms have been written to give optimal performance when the Armband is worn on the left arm, the right way up. The "right way up" has the logo closer to your shoulder and the lights closer to your elbow. We do not recommend wearing it on the right arm or upside down. If the Armband is worn on the right arm or upside down, we expect calorie burn values may show a difference of up to 8% for routine activities like resting, walking, running, household work and road biking. The differences can be significant when using certain exercise equipment.
  • Ditndotsmom
    Ditndotsmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I gotten yesterday and I'm just learning about it. I have a big question for those of you that already have it. I'm a bing to go for a walk/jog tonight. Do I need to set my app to "workout" or do I just do the exercise and it will track my burned calories? I'm so confused and cannot find anything online for this. Any help would be appreciated.
  • nighthawke
    nighthawke Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love mine. Really helps me stay on track
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I gotten yesterday and I'm just learning about it. I have a big question for those of you that already have it. I'm a bing to go for a walk/jog tonight. Do I need to set my app to "workout" or do I just do the exercise and it will track my burned calories? I'm so confused and cannot find anything online for this. Any help would be appreciated.

You just wear it. Like jewelry. It records automatically. Depending on the model bought, it will either sync when you plug it in to your computer, or it will sync to your phone app on demand. From your phone app you can upload it to your computer / MFP / etc.

I wear mine 24/7. The only time it comes off is for 20-30 mins daily for my shower, or for the 20 mins or so that I sync/charge it twice a week (I find it will go down to about half charged every 3 days or so).

Love, love, love mine :)
  • johnhubbs
    johnhubbs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My MFP combined with BODYMEDIA has been a great motivator in the 7 months and 100lbs lost
  • Ditndotsmom
    Ditndotsmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • chavafor4
    Options
    I really like mine. Worn it now for over a month. It really has helped me know my body better. I have never, ever lost weight and the knowledge that this has given me is very beneficial. Some people say its like a fancy pedometer, but I beg to differ. I could see how after you knew your body well, you could go to something like the fitbit. But if I would have started with the fitbit, I would not have known the calories burned and such that I have with the bodymedia. I did do all the sites to get my target calories per day, by my height and such. Bodymedias calculations were right on with it. Which for me was an extra confirmation to help me succeed and to keep loosing. Not done loosing, but still keeping on track.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    9 months and 81 pounds lost. It's not magic, but I think it helps.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love mine and feel like I would be lost without it. The BodyMedia takes all the guess work out of things for me and I couldn't be happier. I've had mine for a month and it's been the best purchase I've made so far during my weight loss journey.
  • AbFabKat
    AbFabKat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my BodyMedia Fit! Estimating my daily calorie burn was always guesswork and I felt out of control not knowing accurate numbers. With my Fit, I know exactly what I'm burning and when...plus it really helps me analyze the factors impacting my sleep efficiency, which is something I was struggling with. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants a more accurate accounting of their calorie burn.
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Love mine!! Made a huge difference in how hard I pushed myself in my workouts!
  • sapphies
    sapphies Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been using the body media band since March. I love it. I like being able to see my results real-time on my phone. Also, it helps me stay on track to keep my weekly calories at a deficit to lose. Like the other day I ate more than burned on my Bday , so I know how much to cut back each day to make up for that day of indulgence.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!