Options
2»

Replies

• CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    August 06, 2013 11:08 am
    QUOTE:

I think that you have to stop relying on motivation to get you there. Just start doing it, even if you don't feel incredibly motivated or excited. Even if it starts out by going on a five minute walk around the block. Dedicate a few minutes to it and soon you'll get back into the habit and not really need the "motivation."

Also agree with this. Even if you tell yourself you'll just work for five minutes, I'm guessing that once you start, you'll continue. That and having music I like playing keeps me moving longer than if I was listening to the sound of silence.
  • scottgobuck
    scottgobuck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have old pics of myself before I lost the weight, if I ever lose motivation that brings me back to reality real fast. I also run races to keep me motivated so I am always in shape.

Also knowledge is helpful, when you lose weight you go through periods where you quit losing or plateau. Most of the time all you have to do is change up the type of exercise you are doing or tweak your food intake to jump start that again. If you have already lost 60 pounds then you should have already had exercise habits in place so just get back at it, have someone hold you accountable for getting back at it and staying with it.

NO EXUSES AND NO PITY PARTIES , GET TO WORK!!!!!....you wont regret it...:)
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Either you want to lose weight and be healthy or you don't. I'm not sure that I really understand the motivation thing. I really actually hate going to the gym. I'm fine once I'm there and I feel great afterwards, but getting there is difficult. I do it because I think about the alternative and I don't like the alternative. Just remember why you started this process in the first place and just DO IT!
  • AshatanViz
    AshatanViz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hang out with health-oriented people. Whenever I skip a day at the gym, I know I can't stay away for long because my girlfriends still need their gym buddy.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I tell myself "Suck it up buttercup"

Put my big girl panties on- and go.

Don't think you NEED motivation. Think - I need to do this, I need to do this, and you will.

If it helps, look at the success threads before going to work out.

But nothing will motivate you more than yourself.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Start by wrtiing down your goals. Be flexible, train hard, eat at a deficit, and you'll lose weight.

By writing down the goals you have taken the first step in reaching the goals.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    You have to absolutely want it.

If you don't, it won't get done.
    I dealt with this for many years.
  • teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    I think that you have to stop relying on motivation to get you there. Just start doing it, even if you don't feel incredibly motivated or excited. Even if it starts out by going on a five minute walk around the block. Dedicate a few minutes to it and soon you'll get back into the habit and not really need the "motivation."
    couldn't agree more ! first you should make a commitment to yourself "i will go to the gym tomorrow" - then go , even if you don't feel like it - afterwards you'll feel great , build on that feeling for the next day .