activity level and exercise

Options
So my friend and I both use this app and we have a disagreement. Basically we are unsure as to what to check off for activity level. We are both competitive cyclists that ride 3-5 hours daily. But when we aren't riding we don't do much.

his take is to do lightly active and then put in the exercise so it's not 'counted' twice towards your total allotment of calories. I said 'highly active' because that will set you up calorically to do the exercise you plan to do.

My second question is about my base caloric measurement- how is that factored? mine seems high.

Thanks
Paul

Replies

• kristamarie91
    kristamarie91 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well if you don't do much when you aren't exercising I'd personally put sedentary or lightly active depending on how active you are besides the cycling you do.

Technically you're counting it twice because when you put it for highly active its already adding the burned calories for you.

I think that when you put the calories in manually it's far more accurate.
    Hope that helps!
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Set it to custom and figure out your TDEE

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Uh, I would put "very active" or whatever the higher level of "Active" is. Because 3-5 HOURS ~daily~ is a lot. To give an idea of the scale, I think "lightly active" is more like 30 minutes a day of walking. Like a job where you stand up a lot. Sedentary is desk job. Hope this helps!