hello everyone, new here

Options
i started yesterday, it went great, but then in the middle of the night i started eating cereal like a robot, does anyone know how to stop midnight attacks of the munches, or day time attacks, i already ate 900 calories of food couting last night and this morning, went for an hour walk to break it up a bit, but what if i day comes like next week when i've got to start a course that i can't go walks to burn it all off.

add me as a friend if you want support

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    Welcome to the site.

Personally I am in bed by 9pm at the latest and up at 5am each morning. That way I can work out before I even go to work and as for snacking I have 2-3 snacks a day of fruit and nuts. Generally I am so tired by bedtime I don't want to eat and will just go to bed xxx
  • gardens
    Options
    i'm good to in what i eat before bed, but in the middle of the night i wake up about 2 or three times and uncontollably eat, i dont al2ways do it, but i sometime get in a routine of it over a few days and then quit my diet because of it. scared right now of quiting already because of it, i should be more busy next week and tell myself i need my sleep so hopefully by monday i should have stopped this bad habit
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Can you have something to hand by the bed to stop you leaving it and going to snack? If you drink a glass of water it will fill you up instead. Have you spoken to your GP about this? xxx
  • gardens
    Options
    that is a brillient idea, i could easily put something beside me, i will try water and maybe a bag of veg prepared, i should make wee lunch boxes, especially useful for the mornings if not ate, thankyou
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    The best way I found to break bad habit is gradually. If you are having a hard time breaking the middle of the night snacking habit, maybe start with switching to health mid of night snacks - stock up on some fruit or light popcorn. Less calories to feel guilty over if you do slip up. Logging on to this site really helps too - if you get up with the urge to eat try reading a few posts on here - it usually helps me. Finally, when you don't have time to walk try throwing in a few minutes of exercise whenever/where ever you can - few jumping jacks, walk a lap around the kitchen while cooking or washing dishes - anything that gets you moving, even if it's only for a minute or two. It all adds up at the end of the day and keeps your mind focused on your goals. Best of luck!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Good plan - when I started trying to lose weight I bought lots of little pots which means I can carry snacks in my hand bag or keep them close by xxx

Good luck and we're all here for you xxx
  • gardens
    Options
    thankyou.
  • Tina0807
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal! :flowerforyou:

I have the same problem. Night time hits and it's like my body goes into crave mode for cereal or ice cream. Grrrrr. I don't know how to stop this either.