burning legs

Options
I've started doing high impact cardio aerobics and i've noticed that my legs are burning almost immediately to the point where i have to stop... Is this me just being unfit and i should just keep at it or could there be some other reason?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Are you warming up beforehand? That might help delay the burn. It sounds like you are just working your muscles and can safely push through it to condition your legs. If you need to take a moment to stop and shake your muscles out, do so but jump back in when you can.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Check with your doctor. Especially if you are a smoker.
  • sdonovan4
    sdonovan4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I used to have this happen all the time. I have a desk job so sit down most of the time. I found out it was my sneakers. I invested in some decent running shoes and now it is just a light burn. When I first started out though my legs were very weak so you just have to listen to your body but don't quit it will get easier the more you do it.
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Your legs? What part of them?
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    This
  • sdonovan4
    sdonovan4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I was a smoker when this was happening. I smoked for 20 yrs quit now 62 days cuz i wound up in the hospital. Now no leg burning.
  • Candice83
    Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    im not a smoker and its my thighs and calves that are burning. It didnt happen last time so fast and it doesnt happen immediately on the treadmill... just today with the aerobics
  • Candice83
    Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    however i didnt warm up... maybe i should
  • cinnabear22
    cinnabear22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is it a burning, itching feeling? If so that happened to me when I first started working out. It's how I knew I was working my muscles. It eventually fades and goes away completely but if you're worried about it or it's really painful I would talk to your doctor about it, just to be sure. Good luck!