anybody's fitbit overestimating calories suddenly?

Options
I have a one and it just seems like it is way overestimating my calories in the past few days (like 4 days). I have been exercising more than normal but did not think it would add as many calories as it has. I feel like it is not making adjustments for the exercises I am adding in from my HRM. anybody else having this issue?
I did update the software last night so thought that could be it (my software was out of date or something) but it is still giving me a lot of calories. Just checking on here to see if there is some issue between MFP and fitbit. I am opted in for negative adjustments.

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    The problem I have is that when I add an activity in MFP, when it syncs it to Fitbit it changes the time of the activity, so if I did it at 6:15 pm Fitbit changes it to 8:15 pm. Fitbit then shows me as doing that activity at 8:15 so it sends those extra calories back to MFP like it's a new separate activity. Not sure if that's what's happening to you. It was fixed and now it's acting up again. I go in to edit the activity log in Fitbit to the correct time and that fixes it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your exercises on MFP or Fitbit?

If your logging on MFP, double check the start times for the activities on your fitbit activity log. Sometimes there is an error when the two sites sync, causing fitbit to get the wrong start time and your exercise calories end up doubled.
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes , mine has been charging all day, yet says i have burned 3,000 cal. My normal day while wearing is 1,600.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Mine seems normal. But I'm not sure how accurate it was to begin with- I've always kind of assumed it's just relative to whatever I did the day before.
  • larovers
    larovers Posts: 100
    Options
    I just went to check and it is logging my workout times at two hours later but the time zones on fitbit settings and MFP settings are set exactly the same. This must be a gliche. I guess I need to enter my workouts in to fitbit instead then?
  • larovers
    larovers Posts: 100
    Options
    so I just changed the time and it did not make much more of a difference in my calories and it actually made todays calories more....weird. I am stumped by this.
  • vaporhockey83
    vaporhockey83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Fitbit One myself and I'm already perplexed by it. I get that it starts out with your BMR calories and then adds calories as you do activities or walking. I just can't believe I burn 200-500 calories walking everyday. Yeah, I do some walking around the house and all that, but I have a desk job where I don't do much walking around. I guess I'll give it a few days and see if I lose some weight, but I just don't like the caloric adjustment if it's off more than 100 calories. I know you shouldn't eat your calories off, but I have been a bit hungrier and would like to add another little meal or snack to get to my next real meal. If the Fitbit is off, then I'm over. Just want to make sure my investment was worth it or if I should just stick to MFP as my success has been great with it alone. Has anyone had any issues with the Fitbit just being waaaaaaay off?