"Filler Food"

Options
Hi Friends,

Any suggestions on what I can just pop in my mouth to keep my stomach quiet for a couple hours till dinnertime? I don't really want to eat an entire bowl of fruit and I don't want to eat "dinner." I just want to keep it quiet for a little while.

It seems like the better food I put in my stomach, the faster it chews it all up !

Thanks!

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    For less than 200 calories you can eat a small banana sliced lengthwise and spread with a tablespoon of peanut butter. It'll hold you for a couple of hours.
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt or cottage cheese for a snack, usually keeps my hunger pains in check for a couple hours.
  • kellesee
    kellesee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For less than 200 calories you can eat a small banana sliced lengthwise and spread with a tablespoon of peanut butter. It'll hold you for a couple of hours.

Thanks!
  • kellesee
    Options
    I love greek yogurt or cottage cheese for a snack, usually keeps my hunger pains in check for a couple hours.

Thanks!
  • lngman
    lngman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of rice cakes. They may not pack much of a nutritional punch, but they are crunchy and the flavored ones taste good (at least to me).

They're not for everyone, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxGEjc1lIm8
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    String cheese. Light versions are about 50 cal.
  • jkoenig1980
    jkoenig1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Celery
  • justified111
    justified111 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I keep a box of these on hand:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CU0N36?orderstatus-20

They fill you up and are only 80 calories
  • kellesee
    Options
    I keep a box of these on hand:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CU0N36?orderstatus-20

They fill you up and are only 80 calories

I looked those up. Unfortunately, they're too expensive for me. Maybe one day....... :-)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Veggies stick with hummus (carrot, celery, cucumber, capsicum)
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    slice half an apple, half banana and mix with greek yoghurt
  • kellesee
    Options
    Thank you for all your suggestions. Greek Yogurt seems to be a favorite. I'll get some and try it.
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your suggestions. Greek Yogurt seems to be a favorite. I'll get some and try it.

Get plain or vanilla and add a serving of PB2 (2 tablespoons only 45 calories). Yum!
  • greyoutside
    Options
    I'm terribly lazy, so I grab fresh fruit or just eat a spoonful of peanut butter right out of the jar... If I'm really grumbly or hungry and don't need the calories, I drink some tea or coffee with unsweetened almond milk.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Tortilla with hummus and lettuce. Om nom nom :)
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If trying Greek Yogurt-- maybe try the Dannon Light n Fit Greek. It has the lowest cals for sure!! I have looked at a lot of them, and for a serving (usually a 5.3oz cup) the Dannon ones are 80 cals (all others are at least 100 cals, a lot of them at 130 or 150!) and it has less sugar and less sodium than most.
    0 fat on most of them-- but I compared Activia's Greek yogurt just today (because there was a dollar off coupon in the sunday paper) and even though I had 3 or 4 coupons for it-- I decided against it. Activia: 20g of carbs, 18g of sugar and 130 cals!!
    The Dannon is 9 carb, 7g sugar, and only 80 cals!!
    And they are so good!!
    290ybex.png