Lost weight through healthy eating and watching calories

Options
So I lost 40lbs and have kept it off for 2 years now, I got this account because I'm terrified of gaining weight back. I was wondering if for a 5'2 22 yr old 1400 a day is too low to maintain? I lost the weight eating around 1600 then went up to 1700-1800 a day with out weight gain but over the holidays i got stuck on thinking 1400 was better?? I'm not trying to loose though For some reason I'm stuck on this number even though the cite says 1750. I want to be healthy about this and wonder if I have gotten carried away?

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i am also 5.2 ft and i am eating around 1600 to maintain. what is your current weight you are maintaining?
  • bubblesmybubbles
    bubblesmybubbles Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    106 but I lost a lb since dropping down to 1400 so I feel this is too low
  • lin7604
    Options
    ya i would say it is way too low. i think you should be at least around 1600 if not more. i vary from 1600-1800 since jan and i haven't gained anything. man you are tiny!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Do you know what your body fat percentage is?
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If you can eat 1700-1800 without gaining do that. You LOST the weight eating 1600 why would you fixate on 1400 now?
  • bubblesmybubbles
    Options
    @ Lin Thanks for the input I asked cause it seemed too low to me and like I said I want to be healthy not get carried away!

@aj_g no how can I figure that out??
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    @ Lin Thanks for the input I asked cause it seemed too low to me and like I said I want to be healthy not get carried away!

@aj_g no how can I figure that out??

You can look at body fat percentage pictures online and estimate, or you can take measurements and plug them into an online calculator
  • lin7604
    Options
    fat2fit military calculator seems to be the best for me that i have used....

and i hear ya on not getting carried away, it is hard work to lose it so who would want to gain any of it back by upping them too much...but 1400 is never enough when trying to maintain...
  • bubblesmybubbles
    Options
    Yeah 16.3?