Quick on the go breakfast

Options
I need ideas for quick breakfasts I can eat on the go. I love breakfast and I love to cook it especially on the weekends when I have the time to and it is usually never healthy stuff that I make. But during the week I'm always in such a rush in the morning that I need something quick and easy to eat. I'm getting sick of protein bars. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    what do you like?

If you have time on the weekends, then whip up batches of pancakes (I make mine with rolled eats and buttermilk), low carb muffins or regular muffins, home made protein bars.

Or just grab a banana - they are healthy and keep you going.

Yogurt, cheese, sandwiches, etc
  • VChristy07
    VChristy07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Microwave a couple eggs in a coffee mug - make sure you spray the mug with the non-stick of your choosing - throw in some cheese/veggies/salsa...wrap in a tortilla/lavash and you're off!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Make some breakfast sandwiches on the weekend and freeze. Thaw and eat!

I make a protein shake, usually, or toast and peanut butter - but I am able to eat at my desk, so that's not an issue (my issue comes down to getting out of bed early enough to make breakfast AND get ready in the same time-span)
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Microwave a couple eggs in a coffee mug - make sure you spray the mug with the non-stick of your choosing - throw in some cheese/veggies/salsa...wrap in a tortilla/lavash and you're off!

Yummy!

In a pinch, I have had a Carnation instant breakfast with nonfat milk. But I hate to "drink my calories" - I need to chew and savor my food to really feel satisfied - so it is really only in a pinch.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I had 2 eggs and a bagel with cream cheese this morning. ^_^ Try using bagel thins to save more calories. Had orange juice as well.
  • juicyfruitkk
    juicyfruitkk Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I find protein shakes/smoothies or pre baked eggs reheated are pretty easy. If you use a crock pot to make steel cut oats those re heat easy too :)
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Feel free to check it out for breakfast ideas. (Ignore last week - I was on vacation.)
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I measure out portion sizes of cereal, and eat them like popcorn(no Milk).Yogurt, fruit, and you can also eat non breakfast foods, for breakfast.
  • dgraboski
    dgraboski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I leave for work by 7 am so I tend to buy the 100 calorie cottage cheese doubles or greek yogurt and I add granola. Most days I eat at my desk once I am at work by 8 am. Weekends I like to make egg whites with spinach on a 100 calorie flat bread.
  • marthahorn
    Options
    i like chobani yogurt with about a quarter cup of granola added to it. i find it keeps me full until lunch for around 260 calories.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    mix up cooked bacon, eggs and some cheese in a bowl....put in cupcake liners and bake for 30 minutes.......they are easy to take on the go al week...just microwave for a few seconds in the AM and they are b-fast on the go!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a peeled banana smeared with peanut/almond butter & a cup of coffee (if I'm particularly hungry that morning I'll have a protein shake also). It has a decent amount of carbs & fats to keep you going in the morning
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    On a day that you have time, cut up some fruit and place in serving size containers, boil some eggs, and make a batch of muffins, pancakes, or breakfast burritos to freeze. If you are on Pinterest, search breakfast cookies --usually an oatmeal or peanut butter type with things added like dark chocolate, dried fruit, flax seed, etc. Have a stash of string cheese or snack sized cheese on hand as well. This way you can mix and match what you like. They are all easy and portable.
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I loved doing breakfast burritos. You can make several at a time and freeze them and then just throw one in the microwave and go. I use egg substitute, a bit of cheese and various other ingredients depending on my mood. veggies, turkey sausage, etc.
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If I was in a rush I would just grab a banana and like 20 almonds.
  • notdebby
    notdebby Posts: 58
    Options
    My husband likes to have two boiled eggs and a piece of fruit in the morning.