Easy quick lunches to take to work

Options
Work is the WORST place for me to stay within my calorie range. There is ALWAYS something in the lounge or a party of some sort. My goal this year is to just avoid those! But I also need some ideas on what to take for lunch.

I need quick, easy, take to work lunch ideas. What do you all take?

Replies

• letsdothiskaren
    letsdothiskaren Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been buying chicken breasts, cooking like 4 at a time, wrapping them in foil and bringing them along with those Green Giant single trays of veggies. I too have a lot of temptations at work but I know if I have packed breakfast and lunch, then I stick with it because I've gone through all of the annoying prep.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I also make a lot of chicken breasts, and sometimes i'll roast a whole chicken if they are on sale, then shred the meat and freeze.

All those go into a zip loc and freeze.

I put together a salad and add my weighed portion of chicken and at lunch time i'll zap the chicken and mix it with the salad. really yummy with cabbage salad for some reason. (cabbage, carrot/cucumber, oil/vinegar/mustard, toasted almonds, cranberries).

Or i'll make a big tossed salad and add tuna and hard boiled egg.

And you can talk to other co workers about maybe making some changes at work - we did that at work - people used to bring in chocolates and stuff and it stopped because nobody wanted that stuff around.
  • bmaciel1966
    Options
    I put some chicken strips in a corn tortilla topped with some lettuce and cheese. Three of those and I feel like I've had a decent meal. It's about 540 calories. I walk on my breaks to burn a bit of that off.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I bring salads. I bake 3 chicken breast and season them with 3 different flavors. I been using McCormick salt free lately. Than once their baked and cooled I dice them up the put them in baggies. I label and freeze them. In the morning I pull a bag out and it dethaws before lunch. I also keep hard boiled eggs and can tuna on hand. I also bring leftovers, soups or sandwich,
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    leftovers.

just microwave and go.