New to the site --- Needs motivation - New ideas for snack

Options
Hello - I'm new to the site.... any support I get would be wonderful. You all seem so nice and supportive. I didn't realize the amounts of calories i was putting into my body... YIKES.... I have a long road ahead of me, I'm the biggest I've ever been. I hope you all except me..... :)

Replies

• lizandelismom
    Options
    The site has been very helpful in keeping me honest with how much I eat. It can be surprising how fast calories add up. My favorite snacks are an apple or strawberries with pretzel thins or melba toast. Good luck! :happy:
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Good luck on your journey xxx
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good luck on your journey!!! As far as snacks I like to eat apples, grapes, or strawberries. The snacks do really add up fast.
  • donnak7
    donnak7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I find if you fill your day with lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you can easily feel quite full with fewer calories than other things. I also make myself smoothies in the blender that are low in calories and taste great.

3/4 cup fat free cottage cheese (trust me, it will blend very smooth and gets very creamy and delicious in a smoothie)
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 pack of splenda
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 banana (or your fruit of choice)

Blend and enjoy! About 250 calories. Makes a great snack or quick breakfast. Cottage cheese is also high in protein and calcium so it is so good for you. I like to take my bananas and chop them up, put them in freezer bags, and freeze them. If you put the frozen banana in the blender with the rest of the ingredients, it will make the smoothie nice and thick. The pieces of frozen banana also are yummy to eat frozen.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    You got this... time to kick it in the butt!!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! Feel free to add me and we can help motivate eachother. Snacks that keep me going are: 100 calorie packs, sugar free chocolate pudding and Vita tops - all in anything chocolate!

Good luck - glad you're here.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • mssnow
    mssnow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place....I think when we really and truly get serious with ourselves about our weight we will make a conscious decison to do something.I too have struggled over the last two years to loose weight and get fit....I looked at myself in the mirror and it was like a light came on, i am more commited now than ever before to get it off and keep it off....The journaling has really been a turning point for me in staying on track because i am able to track what i am putting in my mouth .....i work out at least 4-5 days a week. I am also part of an accountability group where we help keep each other encouraged to push our selves to do what we know we need to do even when we don't feel like it. I set weekly goals for working out, weight loss and journaling and so far i have only fell short on my work out once since starting the program 6weeks ago. My weight is down by 12 lbs. and 81/2 inch. So i say yes you can do it and we are here to help you reach your desired goal..Good luck and let's burn some calories!:flowerforyou: :smile: :smile:
  • nness73
    Options
    Thank you... I will have to try this it sounds super yummy... I know my son will love this as well.
  • beesus
    Options
    This is totally doable and the folks here are pretty killer in terms of support -

totally delish non-terrible for you dessert snack recipe (this has saved my butt from time to time.)

two graham crackers
    2 tbl spoons of cool whip betwixt them.

Pop in the freezer for oh, 15 minutes

ICE CREAM SANDWICH! AMAZING!

and if you need a hit of chocolate, adding some fat free chocolate pudding to the mix really hit the spot.