Workout clothes while traveling

Options
Does anybody have any magical formula for keeping workout clothes from reeking when you are traveling and can't wash them as often? I travel a lot for work, and sweat a lot when I workout! I don't have room to bring a new outfit for every day!

Replies

• donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Dry them right away. Even just hang them by the a/c unit in the hotel room. Tide also makes travel size detergent for hand washing. Hard to find but works great in the bathroom sink of a hotel room.
  • salad_tramp
    salad_tramp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just rinse in the hotel sink and dry in the shower. I try to bring 2 outfits which will get me through about 4 workouts. The clothes are easy part: it's the bulky running shoes that take up half the suitcase!
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm leaving for about 3 months of travel and work in a week, and am scrambling to accommodate my new workout schedule into my travel schedule! I switched to minimalist running shoes just for this job!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Dryer sheets! Throw a few in the bag. They can help with the stench.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Fill a travel size container with whatever detergent you use at home. Hand wash in the sink/tub of your motel room. Lay everything out in a clean, dry motel towel and roll the towel up. Squeeze towel thoroughly and unroll. Hang damp clothes to finish drying. If you workout in the evening, they should be dry by morning (check-out time). If you don't have time to air-dry completely, you could use a blow dryer if needed.