Help! Confused and Frustrated- seeking public opinion

Options
2»

Replies

• JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just wondering...how can you weigh 186 and fit into a size 10...I am the same height and same weight and I fit into 16 and they can be snug and some makes more comfortable in 18......just wondering

I'm confused by that as well. I'm 181 and 5'7", while I can button and zip 10s but I won't wear them with as much muffin top as they cause.
  • saeta119
    Options
    to lose weight it's 70% diet 30% exercise, and like everyone has said here you are making a lifestyle change not just a diet. I've tried many diets and always hit a wall where I can't lose anymore weight but any single cheat food I eat will bring me up on weight.

After so many tries, I've just calmed down and started working on changing what I eat, not how many calories I consume, and pounds have been dropping steadily, don't go crazy with all those calculations, just eat healthy.

maybe a good tip for you,
    - when you're about to eat something ask yourself "would I give this food to my son/daughter?"
    - cut down on sugar
    - don't eat processed foods.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I'm confused by that as well. I'm 181 and 5'7", while I can button and zip 10s but I won't wear them with as much muffin top as they cause.

Everyone carries their weight differently.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Just wondering...how can you weigh 186 and fit into a size 10...I am the same height and same weight and I fit into 16 and they can be snug and some makes more comfortable in 18......just wondering

Depends on the brand. No way she could fit into a 10 at Nordstrom, but Old Navy might fit ok. I wear a size 2-4 at Loft, but a size 6 in most other brands.

It's best to just not think about the size, as it is really quite meaningless.
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I will post pictures as soon as I do the photobucket thing so I can do it. I will get body shots, me in the jeans, the label of the two pairs of jeans that I wear that are those sizes, because I have questions too. I will say that the last time I was this weight I was a size 14, but I was not fit at all. Right now I am in the best shape I've ever been in, even though I still want to improve.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options

Yeah, I have to admit I was wondering about this as well. I am 5'4", and at 189 pounds I was in a 16.....a tight 16. Maybe you carry your weight different.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options

Okay, not being snarky, but i wanna know this too! Im 5'5 1/2 inches and 162 pounds and im BORDERLINE 10 & some days a 12!! & those bicthes are tight!

What gives or what brand are you buying.. because if i can buy a size 6 at my size.. im THERE! :laugh:
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Like I said, I will post pics as soon as I can. My boobs are huge, like 38DDD (they're real). My butt is big. My waist is smaller. I'm hourglass. Over the past year or so, as my numbers went up about twenty pounds, I only gained a size, but I'm not very firm. The brand is Lee Relaxed Fit, they say "at the waist" , but about four or five inches below my belly button. They are a size 8 Medium but the are a little long. Short pants don't fit right on me (most brands). They are quite snug. I can put them on and I can walk and bend, but it's not incredibly comfortable. My yoga pants are a size PM (petite medium). My favorite skirt is a size L. My shirts are an L or XL. Pics coming as soon as I figure out Photobucket or whatever.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely curious to see pics too. Maybe you have a lot more muscle than you think you do. I had a pair of Lee Relaxed Fit, at the waist, jeans and at 5'5", 170lbs they fit perfectly at a size 14. And would get a little snug in the *kitten* and hips (I'm pear shaped) if my weight went up or I was bloated.

Have you actually checked your body fat percentage? Because you may feel like you're flabby based on how your prefer seeing your body, but you may not be as large as you think.

Also, the boobs probably do help with shifting some of the weight out of the midsection area, but I'm having trouble picturing a flabby size 8 in Lee jeans. (Don't take any of this negatively, please. It was all meant as positives with a touch of curiosity. :D)
  • samcat2000
    samcat2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone for the advice. I am still confused a little, I read some things about the TDEE but still wondering how does it differentiate between a 150lb person who is mostly muscle and a 150lb person who is mostly fat? Won't they have different TDEE? Also, are macros more important than calories? And someone said somewhere that all my stuff is cardio? Really? I really thought PIlates was strength, especially since it's on the reformer.

Speaking to Pilates....I don't even think it really counts as cardio. Maybe parts of an advanced class...don't get me wrong I LOVE Pilates reformer and do it pretty religiously every week at least 2x. I took 18 months off one time out of a 6 yr period and I'm still shaking my head at that stupid decision. It has probably been the best thing I've done health-wise in the past 10 years...that and joining MFP. Among other things, It has helped me with flexibility so so much and learning how to actually engage my core. I do 60 min Pilates classes and I think MFP tells me I burned 160. I go ahead and plug that in but I'm pretty sure I don't burn 160 cal...I have a pretty tough instructor too. I don't rely on Pilates to burn calories or as my primary form of strength training, but it's still so critical to my workout plan.
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    thanks for your response to my question....probably american cloths are differnt in size to our canadian sizes and plus you are younger...as for the photos how to do I still can't do it myself...someone said something about photobucket maybe try to search about photobucket on this site ...good luck to you hope everything works out well and welcome :flowerforyou: