Longest lasting athletic shoe?

Options
I eat through practically any athletic shoes in 6 months, regardless of price/brand. Does anyone know of a comfortable, super durable athletic shoe? Does any such thing exist?

Replies

• BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Depending on what I do, I prefer Saucony or Vibram. You can get Saucony or any major name brand shoe at Marshalls for a good price. But to be honest, when I find a shoe I like, I buy multiples, because I know I'm going to wear them down anyways!
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    What are you doing in them? If it's an impact workout (running, etc.) you'll wear through them. My running shoes are typically good for about 350-400 miles.
  • Scooterbagwell
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I have always considered tennis shoes to be multipurpose - everyday wear, work out, jogging/running, etc.

Right now I have a pair of Asics that have been pretty good, and I do everything in them. Until now I have never thought of buying a separate running/training shoe and an everyday shoe. But in an athletic shoe, I would need something for running and weight lifting/calisthenics.

Thanks,

Justin
  • violasrbest
    violasrbest Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi

If you're running I really, really recommend a proper running shoe. They will cushion the impact and help avoid injuries to ankles, knees, hips and back (I refuse to get onto any discussion about barefoot running). My current pair is Brooks Beast, and I think they're great.