Newbie from Cheshire England

Hi everyone, joined yesterday and asked for advice but no one replied, so here goes again, I would like to loose 3 stone, I have tried every diet going but end up putting the weight back on, my own fault as I am a comfort eater, Infact I eat from boredom too! I need to find some motivation, but this year has been tough, my dad recently passed away,and now my little dog who was my constant companion has just died from cancer, I miss them both terribly and feel sad all the time...but I want to get on with my life and get fitter and healthier too, my problem is I don't know which diet to go on, I am one of those people who like their diet plans mapped out for them, what eating regime are you following? I have done Atkins, weight watchers etc.... At the moment I have decided to eat more protein, but I would like to have a good choice of fruit and veg which Atkins doesn't give you.
All suggestions welcome . Thank you

Replies

• Welcome :)

I am new too....just three days...

For me MFP is great because I have the kind of personality that likes to measure things carefully and MFP does this so well with the calories.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Friend request sent

I am like Jon, weighing & recording works for me but leaves the choice of food in my control

Some times I make a "bad" choice, like fish & chips with a pint, sometimes it is salad with oven baked salmon, and sometimes it is a calorie counted ready meal in the "diet" range from the likes of Waitrose / Morrison's