Healthy Snacks?

Options
Im going to start eating 3 small meals and some snacks in between, this will help keep me energized for when Im studying.So I was wondering if there were any healthy snacks (preferably buyable items) that I could eat instead of another small meal (unless thats what I should do but whats considered a small meal?) to keep me from snacking on chips and cookies and will make me not crave more food. It does not have to make me skinnier just be healthy and not make me GAIN weight.

So how about a few Cheerios?
Some fruits?
Are granola bars good? Which types?

Stuff like that would be good. Thanks!

Replies

• salad_tramp
    salad_tramp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My favorite healthy snacks are :

low-fat yogurt
    almonds (raw)
    carrots
    fruit
    Quaker Oat chewy, or Nature Valley granola bars (but I don't feel like they fill me up)

I also drink TONS of green tea through out the day. If I could, I'd eat all day, so drinking some tea helps me get through the day
  • Sonia55555
    Options
    Thank you, I will probably eat those throughout the day and drink lots of water
  • C_Jury33
    Options
    I like a serving of brown rice crackers, a serving of string cheese, and a cup of veggies. Also Mary's Gone crackers with some honey is oh so good!!! Did you find some snack ideas, too? I'm getting tired of mine...
  • brianx99
    brianx99 Posts: 30
    Options
    raw almonds all the way
  • Juelz2013
    Options
    Brown rice cakes with almond butter, banana or apple with small handful of unsalted almonds, protein shake :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Avoid processed foods that are high in carb and low in protein like cheerios and granola bars, actually. Nothing will make you gain weight as long as it fits in your calories, but really, those things will just not fill you up.

Typically my snacks are fruit, greek yogurt, cheese, protein bar.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Things with protein and fiber help you feel full and satisfied.

For me, snacks that I would choose are: Greek yogurt (has more protein than regular yogurt and tastes better too), unsalted almonds, a protein shake (1 scoop of protein powder mixed with 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almondmilk. This almondmilk only has 30 calories per cup), and if I'm really splurging, I have a Fiber One brownie, which has 90 calories and obviously extra fiber in it.

I hope that you find some of these things helpful for you.
    Amy