To say hi...

Options
Feeling a bit down in the dumps when trying on my new Christmas clothes.... time to lose. I didn't realize I'd gained so much. I've been up and down for the past 5 years. I am 23. Just got married in September of 2006 and apparently have been too comfortable... I'm about 20 pounds heavier than when we got married.

I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which causes me to carry A LOT of weight in my mid section and thighs. I actually had a woman ask me when I was due to have my baby today. So here I am... Not pregnant. Just puffy and ready to lose.

Replies

• GottaAct
    Options
    Feeling a bit down in the dumps when trying on my new Christmas clothes.... time to lose. I didn't realize I'd gained so much. I've been up and down for the past 5 years. I am 23. Just got married in September of 2006 and apparently have been too comfortable... I'm about 20 pounds heavier than when we got married.

I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which causes me to carry A LOT of weight in my mid section and thighs. I actually had a woman ask me when I was due to have my baby today. So here I am... Not pregnant. Just puffy and ready to lose.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Welcome,come chat with us anytime!
  • shabby4
    Options
    I have PCOS too. Didn't realize it could pack weight into specific areas...but that does make sense. I do think it makes losing that weight around the middle more difficult. I started running this summer and my legs and arms toned up right away but my tummy looks the same. So frustrating! I'm hoping that varying my workouts will get my tummy to cooperate.

Good luck!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Nice to have you here. Keep your head up you can get past this and make a difference in how you feel.

Eve
  • GottaAct
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm so glad I found this site. It's already helping my attitude. I know I can do this. I just have to keep focused.