How do you lower your stress?

Options

Replies

• anupama1234
    Options
    eat in limit ,exercise especially runing, dumbell lifting , walking worked for me..all 6 days of workout...lost 13 kg:smile::drinker:

Thanks! Kudos to you!
  • sharon75uk
    sharon75uk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Listen to music, take a bath, curl up on the sofa and read a book, take a nap, swim, go for a walk.
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    Put my shoes on and walk out the door! I tend to find geographical solutions to emotional problems lol but seriously, walking, then walking some more, helps to clear my head :smile:
  • theatregirl4416
    Options
    Like many others on here, walking is good.

Pilates is also a good way to lower stress. I've just started doing a workout video of it so cant vouch but I've heard it said.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    The Herb :smokin:
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    *kitten*

Highly effective. You can incorporate it into your yoga as well. Tantric wank.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I have a very stressful job and am an emotional eater. So, after work, I make jewelry while watching the TV. With my mind occupied on the program and whatever I'm making, I don't think about all the awful stuff I hear at work, and I don't have any free hands to use to stuff my face.

I also exercise, but jewelry-making is definitely my therapy AND I make money off of it.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Personally i would say it depends on the type of stress!

I have stress and anxiety that cause a build up of adrenaline in my system. The best way to get rid of tha tis to burn it off by excersise. I always feel so much better and mmore relaxed and happy after a workout because of this.

I also have 'normal stress' and the best solution to that is clear my head and relax. Walk, meditate, do yoga, have a bath all these things should help. The important thing if you have a generally stressful life is to figure out a way to take 5 or 10 mins just to yourself to relax. You are just as important as all the tasks you have to do so look after yourself!!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I like walking, running and yoga to relieve stress. I also find knitting and spinning (as in making wool threads on a spinning wheel) very relaxing.
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    exercise and hitting the punching bag: works wonders.
  • Naturebeckles
    Options
    I too had to find ways to lower my stress because the last three years pretty much put me in chronic stress and kept my cortisol levels raised. I meditate listening to all kinds of music for a few minutes a day. And I always take at least a few minutes out of my day for ME time. I can't survive without some me time! Exercise is awesome too. I might be pumping up the adrenaline during a workout but it's a much healthier release vs. the chronic all the time crap I didn't realize I had gotten used too. Good luck!
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    By sleeping & doing cardio

And watch anime,read manga,watch movies,singing &or playing PS3,PC & PSP games hehe
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I recommend going to you tube and doing a yoga or pop pilates segment. They are usually 8 to 10 minutes long and will refocus your energy. If im too tired i just telll the family i need a timeout for 5 to 10 minutes OR i tell them im going to close my eyes until i calm down.
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I exercise. I find Shaun T's hip hop abs works wonders for me in the last day or so for me. Shaun T will have you cracking up in no time, for real. Also a nap or what I like to call " A life pause" always works wonders. It's hard sometimes and if you really need to eat something I would suggest some fruit or a veggie.
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am just wanting some ideas from those who have lost weight or are in the process of losing weight on how you relieve stress. Being someone who has always turned to food when stress gets high, I am trying to put a stop to that and think of other things. I tend to always be running around like a headless chicken with a young child, working crazy hours and being a student things get stressful!!!! I'd love to hear what you have to offer. Thanks

Hey!! I've lost damn near 50 and I live with an anxiety disorder (or a few....). Anyways, I deal with stress 24/7!!! The BEST remedy is exercise! Consistent exercise! I got into the habit of working out 5 days a week a few months ago. Now, I realize I feel really anxious on attempted rest days, so I have none - I've been walking/mowing the lawn 7 days a week. Just be active 30 mins/day 7 days/week and you'd be surprised how less stressful you feel!

Since diagnosis in 2008, I finally, truly, feel happy!! It's been a nightmare that last 5 yrs!!! Good luck!!
  • Determination29
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input. I tried a mediatation and yoga and felt really calm after
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I stop.

I just stop everything.

And, then I just wait.

If I can just stop myself and be "still" for 5 to 15 minutes it makes me "reboot".

It doesn't require going to a class or even moving, just stopping.
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I agree- Walking helps a great deal!
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I agree- Walking helps a great deal!

And for me..... prayer while I walk.