Question?

Options
If i burn 3,000 Calories a day is that bad? or Good? Please comment.

Replies

• WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Burning calories is always good but with a burn that high you have to make sure you are nourishing your body as well. You definitely don't want to under eat.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Do you mean burning 3000 calories via exercise alone or burning 3000 calories total in a day (i.e. your TDEE)?

If that's your TDEE then there is nothing particularly unusual about that.

If the former and you are aiming to burn 3000 through exercise per day, how exactly are you planning to achieve that? For most people that would be around 5 or 6 hours of intensive exercise.
  • KINGRAY88
    Options
    Do you mean burning 3000 calories via exercise alone or burning 3000 calories total in a day (i.e. your TDEE)?

If the former and you are aiming to burn 3000 through exercise per day, how exactly are you planning to achieve that? For most people that would be around 5 or 6 hours of intensive exercise.

i mean working out three times a day to obtain this goal. and if you knew the type of environment i was in and what i do day in and day out then you would understand that its easy for me to do. but i just don't want to over do it and should i up my calories?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

i mean working out three times a day to obtain this goal. and if you knew the type of environment i was in and what i do day in and day out then you would understand that its easy for me to do. but i just don't want to over do it and should i up my calories?

That's impossible to know without knowing how many calories you are currently eating.
  • JonsieMcJones
    JonsieMcJones Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    As long as you log your calorie burn, it'll add on that many calories to your daily allowance, so just try to eat close to your allowance and you should be good.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

unless you are a gym instructor i dont see what sort of 'environment' you can be in that allows you to do this?
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    You are overestimating your caloric burn...........................For absolutely sure!!!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Why are you working out 3 times a day?
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

Generally speaking, for many people, the answer would be that they did not do it right the first time.
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

Generally speaking, for many people, the answer would be that they did not do it right the first time.

Right, third time's the charm and all that :laugh:
  • KINGRAY88
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys and girls!!!
  • LishieFruit89
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys and girls!!!

Don't get why you edited it.
    But I saw it before the edit anyway.

If you're walking to and from work, meetings, crossfit, etc, it should be included in your activity level already.
    I don't see the point in 90min of cardio, then an hour of weights, then an hour(ish) of crossfit all in one day.
    Since you walk so much during the day, I'd seriously cut out the 90 min cardio session and I know there's some cardio in some of the Crossfit WODs....