Made it one day...well almost!

Options
I started this site yesterday and thought I did really well. I had used up a lot of my calories and only had 254 left for supper. I thought I made a smart choice in eating Special K cereal with 1% milk. I had a little more than a serving so I went over by about 100 calories. Guess that's better than what I would have normally done. :happy:

I work at a hospital and usually eat breakfast in the cafeteria. I'm never sure what's the best thing to eat for breakfast that will carry me through to lunch. I get here for 6:30 and lunch is usually around 11:00. Any suggestions!

Replies

• janetbr
    janetbr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started this site yesterday and thought I did really well. I had used up a lot of my calories and only had 254 left for supper. I thought I made a smart choice in eating Special K cereal with 1% milk. I had a little more than a serving so I went over by about 100 calories. Guess that's better than what I would have normally done. :happy:

I work at a hospital and usually eat breakfast in the cafeteria. I'm never sure what's the best thing to eat for breakfast that will carry me through to lunch. I get here for 6:30 and lunch is usually around 11:00. Any suggestions!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    YEY YOU FOR YOUR FIRST DAY!!!

100 calories is NOTHING for a first day. In fact, I did and do better when I go over the pathetic 1200 I think!

Glad you were able to still log! HOORAY YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Woo! Good job!

Oh...my...gosh...I LOVE hospital cafeteria food. When my son was in the NICU, I would eat there for lunch and dinner and I loved it!!! They had this awesome make your own sandwich bar and I would load up on fresh turkey and whole wheat bread, dijon mustard, and tons of veggies *drool*. I would get a bag of SmartFood white cheddar popcorn, a big bottle of water, and a little cup of low-fat frozen yogurt. I still think about how great that was.

Anyway, breakfast is a killer in cafeterias. If they have an omelette station, I would order an egg-white omelette with veggies only. If not, grab an english muffin or some toast and pick up a big fruit cup. That would keep your energy up until lunch (probably) but I would still grab a Fiber One bar or something like that to throw in your pocket and eat as your mid-morning snack.

Welcome to MFP!
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    when I have to eat in our cafeteria I get egg beaters, 1 piece of cheese on them and sometimes a bagel. sometimes I bring one of my low fat english muffins with me and just stick it in the toaster. then I make a little sandwich. I have found that the more protein I eat in the morning the longer it takes for me to get hungry again.