iPhone/Touch app with running totals

Options
does anyone know of an application i can use that will give me a running total of my workout time, miles, etc. i printed the report from here, but i would have to add everything up. not a problem, just a time suck.

i would like to be able to see how many hours i've spent exercising or total miles logged......just a little bit easier. i do have a program, but it doesn't offer totals.

thanks.

v

Replies

• mondele
    Options
    I think Tap&Track might offer that. It's what I used before MyFitnessPal. I switched because there was no way to enter data except on the phone (I do better with a full-size keyboard) and because mfp's database is better because everyone can contribute!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I use Nike + Pod. picked up the foot senser for $20 and made a little pouch to put on shoe so I didn't have to buy new shoes. I also use the Run Watch app which keeps track of every thing and even maps out via GPS on phone where you run.

My favorite to use is my Forerunner 305 watch which keeps track of every thing as wella and I can do so much more.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info. i'm on the fence about the nike sensor only because it's another gadget to buy, but it would be easier as i wouldn't have to manually input anything.

going to search for the tap and track.

thanks.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info. i'm on the fence about the nike sensor only because it's another gadget to buy, but it would be easier as i wouldn't have to manually input anything.

thanks.

The new Nike+ GPS does not require a sensor, just the app purchase ($2.99, I think)! It uses the GPS and accelerometor on your phone to track distance and such. I currently use iMapMyRun on my iPhone (along with mapmyrun.com) but am not sure if it gives totals.

Edited to add: Just checked my profile on mapmyrun.com and found that it does provide total number of workouts, total distance, and total estimated calories burned!!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    on a side note, the sensor is ok for the outdoors but gps tracking is much better. The best place to use the sensor is when working out on tredmills or indoors.

Found a new app that looks even better to me. "Walkmeter GPS" looks like it will keep track of everything and even lets you share data and maps with friends.
  • Natural
    Options

thanks.

The new Nike+ GPS does not require a sensor, just the app purchase ($2.99, I think)! It uses the GPS and accelerometor on your phone to track distance and such. I currently use iMapMyRun on my iPhone (along with mapmyrun.com) but am not sure if it gives totals.

Edited to add: Just checked my profile on mapmyrun.com and found that it does provide total number of workouts, total distance, and total estimated calories burned!!

oh okay. i forgot to mention, i don't have an iphone, but an itouch. i would need a wifi signal to use it.
  • Natural
    Options
    on a side note, the sensor is ok for the outdoors but gps tracking is much better. The best place to use the sensor is when working out on tredmills or indoors.

Found a new app that looks even better to me. "Walkmeter GPS" looks like it will keep track of everything and even lets you share data and maps with friends.

appreciate it. will look it up. i did find one i'm trying to figure out if it can do what i want. it's called daily tracker, but it tracks more than exercise. i only care about exercise time. :)