MFP numbers are correct!

Options
Hi folks,
I was on QWLC for 2 weeks, high protein and low carb. Gradually, my body felt fatigue, malaise and just plain lousy. I returned to MFP and targeted the numbers they calculated for me and believe it or not I felt 100% better the next day!! My body can not tolerate low carb/high protein. My friend was over and said, "You look terrible!" I had never felt that way and initially thought it was a virus. After adding the healthy carbs I can't get over how much better my mind and body felt. It I was in 'Ketosis' I never want to visit that area again. Adding that I am also 62 may have something to do with it but nevertheless I feel so much better adhering to the MFP numbers of a balance, nutritional way of losing the extra pounds. MFP numbers for me are correct!:drinker: Cheers! As I salute with my bottled water!!!

Replies

• Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    me too - i see so many on here with like 20 carbs all day - and im like holy cow - i cant even eat bfast without getting more than that in - lol -- :) i think to each their own - whatever makes us feel good - and im glad u found what works for you :)
  • Adirafox
    Adirafox Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think it is just different for different people. Personally, I LOVE carbs, but I feel better when I eat fewer carbs.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Just because you don't feel good eating low carb does not mean that you will not feel good eating moderate carb, moderate protein. I would encourage you to try keeping your carb and protein levels relatively even for a week or so.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Everyone I know personally who has tried low-carbing has not been able to maintain it.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I think the clue is in the "quick weight loss" I don't know why people feel the need to rush their weight loss, slow and steady means you're much more likely to find it sustainable in the long term. Glad you found MFP :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just don't know what you could eat on such low carbs, its in milk, vegetables, beans, how do people eat only 20g carbs a day?
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I just don't know what you could eat on such low carbs, its in milk, vegetables, beans, how do people eat only 20g carbs a day?

The better question is why would you WANT to eat 20g per day? Carbs are everything that is good in food. Further, in order to get adequate fiber you would have to eat NO starches or sugars throughout the day.