FitBit

Options
Hi All-

I just got my FitBit in the mail and I have to say I LOVE it! My only concern is that it doesn't record my sleep. Anyone else have a similar problem with the device?

Replies

• BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Only certain ones record sleeping - I think it's the FitBit Ultra if I remember right.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Which Fitbit do you have?
  • curlyq86
    curlyq86 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit Flex.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I just got a fitbit flex and it does track your sleep. I use my mobile app and right before I climb into bed I start the sleep timer and turn it off when I get out of bed in the am. I guess I have not tried to let it do it on its own so I'm not sure how that works. It does track though.

I read somewhere that if you tap it so many times ( I think five) it tells it you are going to sleep. Mine is hard to tap so I just use the app to do the same thing.
  • curlyq86
    Options
    I didn't know I had to start and end a sleep timer. I somehow thought it would record my sleep automatically. Thanks for the heads up.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It still tracks the calories that you burn while asleep but if you want to know how long it took you to fall asleep, how many times you woke, etc. then you have to tell it to monitor. At least that is my understanding. Unfortunately a lot of it you have to just figure out because the darn thing doesn't come with instructions :)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Yup, you have to tell it when you're going to sleep. Tap it multiple times very quickly, until it vibrates once. Two lights will appear, and slowly fade away. While in sleep mode, when you tap it (as if to check your progress), those two lights will appear again. It just shows you're still in sleep mode.

When you want to wake it up, tap it again. It will vibrate and the lights will swirl a bit. Then when you tap, it will show progress again.

If you forget to do this, you can always go and say that you were alseep from x PM fto x AM. It will use the information it collected overnight to still give you your sleep information.
  • curlyq86
    Options
    Wow- thanks so much for the advice. I will try the "tapping" technique tonight. The last two nights I just told it I was going to sleep via my mobile application.

I think its cool that you can retroactively input the hours you were asleep.