What are you drinking

Options
jaxbeck
jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
As a HUGE soda addict, I'm doing my best to limit it to one a week, therefore I'm replacing my constant coke sipping with water & of course coffee in the morn. Trouble is I'm super bored with the lack of taste. I'm going to hopefully pick up some lemons to add in my water. So what do you drink through the day to break the boredom of water?

Replies

• therunninghippie
    therunninghippie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    OJ and club soda! :)
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Propel packets? Or any flavor packets, really. Cucumbers, strawberries, mint, lime, lemon, orange, and berries I've all seen people do as well. My MIL likes Crystal Light.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Vitamin water XXX 100 Cal's

Good stuff
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I just drink the water! lol
  • FHowA46
    FHowA46 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    maybe try different teas? I have loads I use and the warmth of them makes me feel more full. Try jasmine tea or at the moment i love this mango and lychee twinnings green tea
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    H2O........lots of it!
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    I drink a lot of green tea. I also have a Soda Stream and make my own sparking water and add fruit.
  • jaxbeck
    Options
    Nope, I haven't tried the packets yet....other than Crystal light back in the day. I have a serious to aspartame so anything with it is out….should have mentioned that. Club soda sounds good! Tea also is a good idea as well. Thanks!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I mainly just drink water or plain brewed iced tea. I still do have soda here and there if I want to though. I don't really believe in banning myself from things or strictly limiting. As long as it's within calories and whatnot... I have what I want.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Green tea, peppermint tea, fruit tea ... I like tea:wink:
  • JuliMagenta
    JuliMagenta Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ginger water/ tea
    Just cut some ginger (I usually take the size of my thumb nail) and put it in a tea-bag. Cook about 1-1.5liters of water and make a ginger tea. If this is too warm, just let it cool down (by putting it in the fridge or adding some ice cubes)

Or put some lime juice in sparkling water.

Or try to mix juice with water. If you make it 15% juice only it still tastes different, but doesn't have that much calories :)

I hope, I could help a little
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    The "Zinger" teas, I think is celestial Seasonings. They are pretty good without sugar, warm or cold.
  • jaxbeck
    Options
    Ginger water/ tea
    Just cut some ginger (I usually take the size of my thumb nail) and put it in a tea-bag. Cook about 1-1.5liters of water and make a ginger tea. If this is too warm, just let it cool down (by putting it in the fridge or adding some ice cubes)

Or try to mix juice with water. If you make it 15% juice only it still tastes different, but doesn't have that much calories :)

Oh wow. That sounds excellent!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I never drink water. Fish f**k in it.
  • reneeisnowhere
    Options
    I am an Iced tea addict! (unsweet of course and decaf at night!)
    My SigO uses MIO, Crystal Light, and Great Value.(lemonade is killer!)

Have you looked into making your own soda water? I know NOTHING about this method though.
  • jaxbeck
    Options
    I mainly just drink water or plain brewed iced tea. I still do have soda here and there if I want to though. I don't really believe in banning myself from things or strictly limiting. As long as it's within calories and whatnot... I have what I want.

Yeah, I could NEVER ban my coke. Seriously, I'm addicted. lol
  • lkweber21
    lkweber21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Crystal light peach mango green tea is my favorite! Sooo good!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of green tea. I also have a Soda Stream and make my own sparking water and add fruit.

^ This! Squeeze half lemon into sodawater. A lot of people that like coke find that they really only liked the carbonationation. I like teas also. I switch to herbal teas in the evening to continue drinking water, but with flavor.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Right now I have some Pink Lemonade Dasani Drops for my water at work. I usually only put it in once a day (my cup holds 3 cups of water) to change things up a bit.

I am trying to limit my diet pop, just personally trying it out, seeing if it has an effect on how I feel. But I've never had an issue with drinking a ton of water. I have that and my coffee in the morning (with 2 tbsp of flavored creamer and 1/2 tsp of sugar, of course!)
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Ginger water/ tea

Dying to put ginger into drinks, but prefer to add it to soda water to make gingerale. If anyone has had success with this, please share!